Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Start of the sad times?

Start of the sad times?

Old Aug 21st 2005, 10:20 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Start of the sad times?

My sister goes back to Barcelona next Saturday so today we're having a family lunch as it may be the last time we're altogether.

I guess it's the beginning of the goodbyes...
Old Aug 21st 2005, 10:25 am
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Start of the sad times?

Originally Posted by bridiej
My sister goes back to Barcelona next Saturday so today we're having a family lunch as it may be the last time we're altogether.

Try not to look at is as goodbyes but the beginning of your new life journey, with phone and email people are never that far away!
Enjoy your lunch!
Although saying that everytime i see my family together i think of what it will be like when we are on the other side of the world!!

Be Happy

Kris x
Old Aug 21st 2005, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Never say never...........you never know you could always have a family get together in Oz. The goodbyes are hard but all you have to think about is your new life and that the family will have a great place to visit for a holiday.
Old Aug 21st 2005, 12:38 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Hey does she not want to come visit you in your new life....

We have been saying goodbye for now and see you soon, it seems easier especially for Aimee (9).

But I know what you mean ours started last week. Enjoy your lunch and look forward to some exciting posts this week

Ang
Old Aug 21st 2005, 12:43 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Aaaah bless. Have a lovely day Bridie, I'm sure they'll all be out to see you soon.
Old Aug 21st 2005, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really nice

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Aaaah bless. Have a lovely day Bridie, I'm sure they'll all be out to see you soon.
email and webcams are a god send. The only thing you miss is the physical contact and how often do you meet up with people for a cuddle?

you'll be fine, we are finding communication is making things easier.
Old Aug 21st 2005, 6:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

As you're already used to your sister living a couple of thousand miles away - what's an extra 8,000 or so between you? And besides, doesn't she fancy a barbie on the beach at Christmas?
Old Aug 21st 2005, 6:31 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by marco121068
As you're already used to your sister living a couple of thousand miles away - what's an extra 8,000 or so between you? And besides, doesn't she fancy a barbie on the beach at Christmas?

It's just a case of her affording it, she can barely afford the Easyjet fare to the UK!

Anyway, had a lovely afternoon and dont feel too sad.
Old Aug 21st 2005, 7:29 pm
Living & Loving in Perth

hoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to behold

It's just a case of her affording it, she can barely afford the Easyjet fare to the UK!

Glad you had a good afternoon - try not to feel too sad, as someone already said, web cams and emails are good but obviously not the same as a good hug!

Hoops (mrs)
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

They are hard bridiej, but photos/phonecalls and webcams are brilliant!
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

good one bridie, glad you enjoyed it.....where theres a will theres a way eh! you'll see her again before you know it i bet .....

never say goodbye, just aurevoir...probably spelt that wrong but you know what i mean

debs x