Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Start my new job today

Start my new job today

Old Feb 29th 2004, 7:33 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Start my new job today

I start at 12.30 which is awful cos Ive got loads of time to worry about it before I go in and I was awake half the night aswell. Never been this nervous before even the one and three quarter hour interview didnt phase me ... wish me luck I will let you all know how it went
Old Feb 29th 2004, 7:37 pm
mark,abbi,tia & max

mark warner is an unknown quantity at this point

best of luck sky hope all goes well,we will all have to go through it (hopefully)
regards
mark
Old Feb 29th 2004, 7:41 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Good luck Sky!!

My hubby also started his new job today and he was up all night stressing about it - when I dropped him off he looked like a little boy at his first day at school!

You will both be fine - I know these things.

Old Feb 29th 2004, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Good luck Sky. Have a great day.
Old Feb 29th 2004, 7:45 pm
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point

any excuse to up my post's............good luck sky.

all the best plum
Old Feb 29th 2004, 8:22 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck Sky. Sure you will ace it. Just remember they are lucky to have you
Old Feb 29th 2004, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

cookies is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck with the new job........and I find myself in similar circumstances as I start work tomorrow.

I can't say I am that nervous, but will certainly be glad to get to work - there is only so much Wiggles that a grown man can take!

Regards

Steve
Old Mar 1st 2004, 8:31 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Thats how I feel tonight, finished at 9pm and every break we had was a quick one. The work was awful .. and I have been in my line of work for 12yrs NHS and Private hosptls ... the last job in uk I was practically in complete charge of and had full authority. The working practises seem so backward and chaotic here but hey it was only my first day and it might be different again tomorrow morning when I have to be there for 7.30pm ... And I so wanted to say it had been a fantastic day
Old Mar 1st 2004, 8:35 am
sky
Banned

Ps ... Good luck Steve you will be fine I will prob be back on here tmrw saying it was fab and what was I thinking .... I hope
Old Mar 1st 2004, 8:42 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sky
I will prob be back on here tmrw saying it was fab and what was I thinking .... I hope
Ahhhhhhhhhh

Well, I'm sure tomorrow will be better! FIngers crossed!

After a while you will probably find some sort of logica in the organisation ( I hope!)
Old Mar 1st 2004, 8:43 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Sky, sorry to hear that your first day wasn't very good, but as you say it WAS the first day. Will maybe take a few days/weeks for you to get used to the new system. In the meantime, just grit your teeth and keep thinking about the paychecks that will be coming because of it
Old Mar 1st 2004, 8:53 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Stick with it Sky; takes a bit of getting used to the new ways - especially if you were used to having authority before. I feel really useless now cos I have no authority for anything except ordering tea and paperclips , but its a job and it pays!
Sounds like you have the right attitude though - tomorrow is another day, and it'll be easier when it gets more familiar.
Have a long drink, and give us another update tomorrow
Old Mar 1st 2004, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

I agree with Pollyanna, keep your chin up Sky. The first couple of days (or even weeks) might not be all that, but things can only get better.

Love Sandra
Old Mar 1st 2004, 12:57 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck.
Old Mar 1st 2004, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

Muddywaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Start my new job today

Originally posted by sky
I start at 12.30 which is awful cos Ive got loads of time to worry about it before I go in and I was awake half the night aswell. Never been this nervous before even the one and three quarter hour interview didnt phase me ... wish me luck I will let you all know how it went

1230 seems a funny time to start a new job oh well good luck anyway i also start a new job this week..