Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

from start to finish - waiting times

from start to finish - waiting times

Old May 29th 2006, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

jelly-beanz is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile from start to finish - waiting times

Sorry if this has been asked before but how long will it take me from applying for a visa (skilled regional, 'SIR' visa) to arriving in Australia, eligable to work? Is there an average or rough idea?

It would really help me as I'm considering Australia and Canada, and Canada looks set to be an 18-24 month wait if I apply. Is it quicker to get to Aus?

Thanks in advance

Jelly-Beanz
UK
Old May 29th 2006, 9:01 pm
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: from start to finish - waiting times

Originally Posted by jelly-beanz
Sorry if this has been asked before but how long will it take me from applying for a visa (skilled regional, 'SIR' visa) to arriving in Australia, eligable to work? Is there an average or rough idea?

It would really help me as I'm considering Australia and Canada, and Canada looks set to be an 18-24 month wait if I apply. Is it quicker to get to Aus?

Thanks in advance

Jelly-Beanz
UK

I believe SIR is quicker than that for Oz but you could take a look on http://www.austimeline.com/ to get a really good idea.

Hope this helps

Lou
xx
Old May 30th 2006, 6:29 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: from start to finish - waiting times

Originally Posted by charles.edington
I believe SIR is quicker than that for Oz but you could take a look on http://www.austimeline.com/ to get a really good idea.

Hope this helps

Lou
xx
Thanks for the reply, Lou. The austimeline site is really helpful and I hadn't heard of it before.

Cheers

Jelly-Beanz
UK
Old May 30th 2006, 7:45 am
P64
Just Joined

P64 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jelly-beanz

Thanks in advance

Jelly-Beanz
UK
Sorry to say but the wait for visas for Canada is more like 30/39 months!!! that's unless you have a job offer from a Canadian company that is willing to help with your application. I know this as we are in the process of applying for Canada.

Australia on the other hand is around 9/12 months I believe, all depends on where you want to live I suppose.

Good Luck with whichever country you decide.
Old May 30th 2006, 9:07 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by P64
Sorry to say but the wait for visas for Canada is more like 30/39 months!!! that's unless you have a job offer from a Canadian company that is willing to help with your application. I know this as we are in the process of applying for Canada.

Australia on the other hand is around 9/12 months I believe, all depends on where you want to live I suppose.

Good Luck with whichever country you decide.
Thanks for the tip. 30/39 months sounds like a long wait. Looks like I'm going to have to make my mind up and get the ball rolling. Good luck with your application.

Best wishes

Jelly-Beanz
UK