Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Stamping Visas In London..

Stamping Visas In London..

Old Sep 16th 2003, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

rob&kim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Stamping Visas In London..

We have just heard from Australia (via Agent) that we have been accepted...yippee!....We have chosen to have our visas stamped in London but have still not heard anything at all from Australia as to whether they have sent the relevant information to London. We have been given a date of 7th November to get the visas validated, and therefore are extremely anxious as this date draws nearer.
Has anyone been in this situation or, going through it right now? We still have to sell our house before we leave - which is now highly unlikely to happen - so will have to arrange another holiday in order to validate the visas.
Also, has anyone taken the trip to London to get their visas stamped? Is this possible or do we have to send them by recorded delivery?
Old Sep 16th 2003, 3:39 pm
creepycrawlycreepycrawly!

mr2blue is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I'm not sure what you mean by getting visas stamped?
If it is a PR visa on a skilled migration application like ours was all you need to do is this.
Once you've recieved the paperwork from Adelaide confirming your visa application was sucessfull take it to Australia House in London with your passports and they will insert the visa's into your passports.
It will say on the visas the date they have to be validated by.
Easy as that.
Old Sep 16th 2003, 3:39 pm

Oh and congratulations your in
Old Sep 16th 2003, 4:04 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stamping Visas In London..

Originally posted by rob&kim
We have just heard from Australia (via Agent) that we have been accepted...yippee!....We have chosen to have our visas stamped in London but have still not heard anything at all from Australia as to whether they have sent the relevant information to London. We have been given a date of 7th November to get the visas validated, and therefore are extremely anxious as this date draws nearer.
Has anyone been in this situation or, going through it right now? We still have to sell our house before we leave - which is now highly unlikely to happen - so will have to arrange another holiday in order to validate the visas.
Also, has anyone taken the trip to London to get their visas stamped? Is this possible or do we have to send them by recorded delivery?
I'm off to ozzie house next tuesday. You can post them but after the grief i've had getting this piece of paper, it aint leaving my sight. Plus the fact i'm staying with an old friend and it might be the last time i get to see her before we go
Old Sep 16th 2003, 4:04 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

OH and big CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
:PARTY:
Old Sep 16th 2003, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

rob&kim is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mr2blue
Hi I'm not sure what you mean by getting visas stamped?
If it is a PR visa on a skilled migration application like ours was all you need to do is this.
Once you've recieved the paperwork from Adelaide confirming your visa application was sucessfull take it to Australia House in London with your passports and they will insert the visa's into your passports.
It will say on the visas the date they have to be validated by.
Easy as that.
When you got the paperwork through from Adelaide confirming your visa application, did they offer you the choice to send your passports to Adelaide or London in that letter? I am thinking that maybe your letter was different from ours?
Thanks for your advice though.
Old Sep 16th 2003, 7:04 pm

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of
Default Going to AHC in London

It might be worth checking before you turn up at AHC in London as I heard that they have stopped doing this in person and you have to post your passports instead.

Maybe check exactly what your letter says?

Mine doesn't actually say I can go in person, but doesn't say I can't either. I was thinking of posting the passports as it's a bit of an expense to go down there specially - I'd rather put the money towards the Aus fund!

Elaine
Old Sep 16th 2003, 7:10 pm

Our letter said that if there were specific requirements as to where we should get our visa from they would be attached to the letter,there wasnt so we just went to ozzie house.
I did read online that they had stopped issueing them in person and you had to post them but we went up there and had no probs.