Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Stag Night Warning

Stag Night Warning

Old Oct 11th 2003, 7:50 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Stag Night Warning

The husband of someone my wife works had a horror stag night story.

As pissed men do on stag nights they went to a strip joint in Kings X. On exit and before they reached the door they were jumped on and had the living crap kicked out of them and their wallets stolen.

The hospital patched them up but the wedding photos had to be digitally touched. The touching up could not hide the swelling.

The police told them that this is now a regular occurence in strip clubs in the X.
Old Oct 11th 2003, 7:52 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default Re: Stag Night Warning

Originally posted by bondipom

As pissed men do on stag nights they went to a strip joint in Kings X. On exit and before they reached the door they were jumped on and had the living crap kicked out of them and their wallets stolen.

The hospital patched them up but the wedding photos had to be digitally touched. The touching up could not hide the swelling.

The police told them that this is now a regular occurence in strip clubs in the X.
Count themselves lucky they did not lose their shirts.
Old Oct 11th 2003, 12:34 pm
WBB

this happens worldwide and is nothing new, my advice would be to stay away from seedy areas like kings x.

Old Oct 11th 2003, 4:10 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

One of my best mates was out with a group of friends and his girlfriend a week ago.

They went to a night club and a fight broke out between a load of people who had nothing to do with my mates, who were trying to get out of the way when a bottle was smashed in his girlfriends face. 3 inch gash, trip to the hospital and a load of stitches later she was told by the police that they could'nt ascertain which of the brawlers had done it and hence she could'nt bring charges against anyone. All they said was that this kind of thing regularly happened in this club and that the recommended she avoid it.

Nasty shit happens everywhere Bondi.

We know.
Old Oct 11th 2003, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

bussie is on a distinguished road

go to amsterdam instead much better
Old Oct 11th 2003, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future
Default Re: Stag Night Warning

My niece in Liverpool was getting into a cab after having dinner with a friend two men grabbed her pulled her backwards kicked and punched her. Took her purse and her shoes!!!!! (the cabbie took off) !!!!!!
A little old lady started yelling at them and they ran,
Other people walked past the lady told the police.
She will not leave the house alone.......... now this is in a very good area !!!!!!!
Old Oct 12th 2003, 12:12 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by PeteY
One of my best mates was out with a group of friends and his girlfriend a week ago.

They went to a night club and a fight broke out between a load of people who had nothing to do with my mates, who were trying to get out of the way when a bottle was smashed in his girlfriends face. 3 inch gash, trip to the hospital and a load of stitches later she was told by the police that they could'nt ascertain which of the brawlers had done it and hence she could'nt bring charges against anyone. All they said was that this kind of thing regularly happened in this club and that the recommended she avoid it.

Nasty shit happens everywhere Bondi.

We know.
The nasty shit certainly happens everywhere. The above is a very specific warning. London joints are infamous for rip offs.

What club was that you mentioned? I avoid places frequented by rugby league players. They have a tendancy to fight or drunk patrons think they are harder than them start a fight.
Old Oct 12th 2003, 12:18 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

The nasty shit certainly happens everywhere. The above is a very specific warning. London joints are infamous for rip offs.

What club was that you mentioned? I avoid places frequented by rugby league players. They have a tendancy to fight or drunk patrons think they are harder than them start a fight.
Can't remember which it was. I can ask him if you would like to know? Was a smallish one near Leicester Sq.

I avoid places frequented by rugby league players. They have a tendancy to fight or drunk patrons think they are harder than them start a fight.
Know exactly what you mean here.

At uni there were a few pubs you avoided, as my uni was right next to an army barracks. The army boys used to fight alot, for similar reasons to what you listed here. People start on them just to see what happens kind of thing.
Old Oct 12th 2003, 5:35 pm
Badge

It's always been a problem. If you are a celebrity, or a sportsman, or a soldier - quite often the local lads like to have a go - when often you are the last person to want trouble.

Part of the resentment used to be I think, that soldiers living with subsidised accomodation and scoff had more money to spend and could "buy" the girls.

Badge