Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

staffordshire bull terriers

staffordshire bull terriers

Old Jul 30th 2007, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

jojoeg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default staffordshire bull terriers

are they allowed into australia and roughly how much does it cost to relocate them?
thanks
joanna xxx
Old Jul 30th 2007, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

shazlee is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: staffordshire bull terriers

absolutely there are allowed. we are taking ours. as with regard to cost. do a search on here for the export of dogs, there is a wealth of information already advised. the cost can range from £1500. to £3500. it depends on who you use and whether they do everything for you or you do some yourselves. the ones we had quotes from are airpets in middlesex and par air livestock in colchester.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 12:58 pm
Essex Staffy

daveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant future
Default Re: staffordshire bull terriers

Originally Posted by jojoeg
are they allowed into australia and roughly how much does it cost to relocate them?
thanks
joanna xxx
Hi Joanna,
We are taking our staff, the price depends on height and weight, mine cost £1400 for crate and shipping, then they have to be microchipped if not already upto date on all vaccinations, Import Permit $280 aud then before they fly blood tests and frontline worming, and then the quarintine in oz we are off to perth by the way, in all i think it works out to be around the £2200 figure, hope this helps
Dave
Old Jul 30th 2007, 12:59 pm
Essex Staffy

daveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by shazlee
absolutely there are allowed. we are taking ours. as with regard to cost. do a search on here for the export of dogs, there is a wealth of information already advised. the cost can range from £1500. to £3500. it depends on who you use and whether they do everything for you or you do some yourselves. the ones we had quotes from are airpets in middlesex and par air livestock in colchester.
This was with par air
Old Jul 30th 2007, 1:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by shazlee
excellent have heard tales that staffies are not allowed in Oz thought it was a load of rubbish, couldnt leave her shes my baby thanks xx
Old Jul 30th 2007, 1:04 pm
Essex Staffy

Originally Posted by daveplumber
This was with par air
my price also includes 2 weeks kennelling this side as our flight is on 16th August and max on 10th september.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 1:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by daveplumber
my price also includes 2 weeks kennelling this side as our flight is on 16th August and max on 10th september.
thats not bad reallyyour a gem mate xx
Old Jul 30th 2007, 1:07 pm
Essex Staffy

thats not bad reallyyour a gem mate xx
anything else just ask
Dave
Old Jul 30th 2007, 1:14 pm
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

thanks
joanna xxx
It's pit bulls that aren't allowed. Apart from shipping (I'm taking 2 mini schnauzers who weigh 8kilos each-about same size as king charles spaniels)_ and they are costing £2500 with Airpets, there are other costs i.e. microchip @ £50 per dog, blood tests (a couple of hundred I believe?), quarantine costs (mine around £600). Does end up quite costly...

Also you MUST make sure you don't get your dog jabbed for Lepto (one of the usual annual boosters) within at least 6 months of going as if they test positive for it in the blood tests (done 30 days before export) they cannot fly.

Good luck
Old Jul 30th 2007, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

aye i thought it was pit bulls that were banned, though a lot of people mistakedly think staffs are related to the pit bull family which is quite anoying:curse:
i love mini schnauzers they are so cute, never seen a real life one hope they settle in well xxxx
Old Jul 31st 2007, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

Passionate Pom will become famous soon enoughPassionate Pom will become famous soon enough

There's pit bulls here in adelaide !!! and loads of staffies.They all have tails over here as its against the law to get them docked( not in WA). I've got a Rottwieller pup with a tail and it doesn't quite look the same.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 6:35 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

I'm very pleased to hear this as we recently got an SPCA pup and she quite clearly has a fair bit of staffie in her. Not knowing much about dog breeds I looked at wikipedia who told me that
The American Pit Bull Terrier, the American Staffordshire Terrier and to a lesser extent, the Staffordshire Bull Terrier commonly fall under the category of "pit bull."
, which left me concerned as we're considering Oz in the future (we're in NZ) and I had read in the Oz import rules that pit bulls are a no-go.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pit_bull
Old Jul 31st 2007, 7:35 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Staffys are very very popular here and are wonderful natured wee things....heres oor wee Haggis
Attached Thumbnails staffordshire bull terriers-haggis.jpg  
Old Jul 31st 2007, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

Passionate Pom will become famous soon enoughPassionate Pom will become famous soon enough

Our friends have a white staffy with a patch over one eye. They've been told by the vets that they will need to put a t shirt on her over the summer to prevent her burning and getting skin cancer due to lack of skin pigment.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 7:59 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Passionate Pom
Our friends have a white staffy with a patch over one eye. They've been told by the vets that they will need to put a t shirt on her over the summer to prevent her burning and getting skin cancer due to lack of skin pigment.
yeah I need to watch Haggis...he goes out and lies on his back in the sun, I put lotion on him lol....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.