Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

St Marks Anglican school - perth

St Marks Anglican school - perth

Old May 5th 2006, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

clan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really nice
Default St Marks Anglican school - perth

Hi

has anyone got any views on this school in Hillary's, or has anyone got any
children at the school ?

We have a provisional place for our son for Jan 2007, and would like to get
some feedback from others, either on the forum or via PM.

Many thanks

Neil
Old May 6th 2006, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: St Marks Anglican school - perth

Originally Posted by clan_campbell
Hi

has anyone got any views on this school in Hillary's, or has anyone got any
children at the school ?

We have a provisional place for our son for Jan 2007, and would like to get
some feedback from others, either on the forum or via PM.

Many thanks

Neil
How on earth did you get a place you lucky thing??! My girls are at Hillarys Primary (Year 1 & 3) and the soonest St Marks can accept them for is Year 8 - even for the youngest!

Anyway, it's a lovely school. To be honest I've heard mixed opinions on it, but the majority of comments are extremely positive. I've found that the negative opinions come from people who's kids don't actually go there . So, our applications are in for High School and we're really happy with Hillarys Primary, so hopefully it'll all go well .

I assume you haven't moved over here yet? Do you have somewhere lined up to live?
All the best with whatever you decide.
Tracey
Old May 6th 2006, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

clan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really nice
Default Re: St Marks Anglican school - perth

Originally Posted by The Johnstons
How on earth did you get a place you lucky thing??! My girls are at Hillarys Primary (Year 1 & 3) and the soonest St Marks can accept them for is Year 8 - even for the youngest!

Anyway, it's a lovely school. To be honest I've heard mixed opinions on it, but the majority of comments are extremely positive. I've found that the negative opinions come from people who's kids don't actually go there . So, our applications are in for High School and we're really happy with Hillarys Primary, so hopefully it'll all go well .

I assume you haven't moved over here yet? Do you have somewhere lined up to live?
All the best with whatever you decide.
Tracey
Thanks Tracey,

no, we haven't moved yet. I was over with my son a little while ago, and we had a tour of St Marks.
I was impressed, but obviously i'd rather hear from people who actually have children there.
My son will either go into either year 10 or 11, although year 11 is his peer group.
I think there must have just happened to have been a place available in that year.
The good thing though, is that it means our other 2 are likely to get in because they will have a sibling there !

Thanks again

Neil