Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

St Kilda - opinions needed

St Kilda - opinions needed

Old May 12th 2008, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

dinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nice
Question St Kilda - opinions needed

Hi,

Looking for a serviced apartment to rent in Melbourne for a month when we first arrive in July. St Kilda seems to be much cheaper than the CBD and not too far out. We visited St Kilda during the day on our holiday to Melbourne and it seemed nice. However, I have heard it can be a bit seedy at night. Is this true? Is it worth staying in St Kilda to save a few dollars or is it best avoided?

Thanks.

C
Old May 12th 2008, 9:18 pm
See the BBC for Free

nirving is on a distinguished road
Default Re: St Kilda - opinions needed

I cannot comment on St Kilda, as I only go there for the Sunday Market to take a walk, and rarely visited the restaurants. It has good access to the City with Trams, but not sure of the times. I only wanted to say that Kew (http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&h...=14&iwloc=addr) is a nice area to start of in. I did and have stayed here for 5 years, have good access to the city via Trams and Car, quiet and beautiful. It takes me 15 minutes in the morning to get to work (in the CBD) and on the weekends about 30 minutes to get to Warrandyte which is a lovely place for Sunday walks. The only issue is getting North to the airport etc, as the road links are a little poor due to congestion, but with a GPS you can find quicker ways around.
Old May 12th 2008, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

dinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nice

Thanks, will look into it
Old May 16th 2008, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dinky2
Hi,

Looking for a serviced apartment to rent in Melbourne for a month when we first arrive in July. St Kilda seems to be much cheaper than the CBD and not too far out. We visited St Kilda during the day on our holiday to Melbourne and it seemed nice. However, I have heard it can be a bit seedy at night. Is this true? Is it worth staying in St Kilda to save a few dollars or is it best avoided?

Thanks.

C
My friend used to live there and loved the atmosphere but it didn't suit them so well once the babies started to arrive.