St. Kilda

Old Aug 13th 2006, 10:06 am
Home.

mackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond repute
Default St. Kilda

Spent the day in St. Kilda yesterday, well I fancied enjoying the glorious winter weather by the sea.

Have been there once or twice before, and have heard many people say that it is a different place at night, lots of trouble etc.

It certainly is a fascinating wee place, just wondering if any of you long-term Melburnians have any stories about it's seedier side?
Old Aug 13th 2006, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all
Default Re: St. Kilda

not my kind of place was at gp in march saw a guy with a beard high heels fishnet tights an mini skirt the beard was the give away sorry not for me :scared:
Old Aug 13th 2006, 10:15 am
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mackinnon
Spent the day in St. Kilda yesterday, well I fancied enjoying the glorious winter weather by the sea.

Have been there once or twice before, and have heard many people say that it is a different place at night, lots of trouble etc.

It certainly is a fascinating wee place, just wondering if any of you long-term Melburnians have any stories about it's seedier side?

It used to be most well known for hosting ladies of ill repute, druggies and general down and outs.
It was a real no-no place to live.
That's all I know from my ozzie mates.
Now, it's booming. Lots of people bought property to let out so it's now full of those. Near impossile to get anything under $300k, and if you do it'll have no space around it.
Fab place to chill out in and sitting on the esplanade with nothing better to do than watch locals rollerblade up and down on a hot sunny day is really one of those things you look forwards to being able to do again.
I'm jelous that your there and I'm here!!
Njoy every minute.

love,
*pearly*
Old Aug 13th 2006, 10:21 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wintersgills
not my kind of place was at gp in march saw a guy with a beard high heels fishnet tights an mini skirt the beard was the give away sorry not for me :scared:
Beards are useful though, give you something to tug on
Old Aug 13th 2006, 11:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Most overrated beach in Australia, in my opinion!

Cheers
Old Aug 13th 2006, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

Izzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to behold

When we arrived we went for a stroll on the beach at St Kilda. Kicked off my shoes to feel the sand between my toes....................and got told by a local in no uncertain terms to put my shoes back on before I stepped on a needle :scared: . Needless to say, I stick to the pavements now and hit the beaches further down the east side of the bay !
Old Aug 13th 2006, 12:45 pm
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thatsnotquiteright
Most overrated beach in Australia, in my opinion!

Cheers
Nahhhhh, that's Bondi!
Old Aug 13th 2006, 9:29 pm
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Stayed at St.Kilda on our validation trip. Ok for that but wouldn't want to live there. Beach wasn't good, saw a few people completely stoned on drugs, not nice, and the street where our apartment was had some ladies of the night ... the wife wondered why I was a long time getting our fish and chips in the evening
Old Aug 13th 2006, 9:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Needle beach is my memory, lovely memories of kids running along sand, luckily it was freezing and they had hiking boots on, next day local paper announced it had just cleaned up 2000 needles off the beach.
Old Aug 13th 2006, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Needle beach is my memory, lovely memories of kids running along sand, luckily it was freezing and they had hiking boots on, next day local paper announced it had just cleaned up 2000 needles off the beach.

Wish I had read this thread B$ Turtle tom headed off to ................St Kilda :scared: great another reason for him to slag off OZ
Old Aug 14th 2006, 2:16 am
Account Closed

Deer Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point

St. Kilda is really nice. You get needles everywhere in Melbourne, my local park is full of them because people deal from the toilets at all times of the day. St. Kilda has a thriving gay(drag) scene which is great. There are also lots of good alternative music venues. Some places there are a bit 'too cool for school' but on the whole it's a nice place to spend the day or go out in at night.
Old Aug 14th 2006, 2:50 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deer Hunter
St. Kilda is really nice. You get needles everywhere in Melbourne, my local park is full of them because people deal from the toilets at all times of the day. St. Kilda has a thriving gay(drag) scene which is great. There are also lots of good alternative music venues. Some places there are a bit 'too cool for school' but on the whole it's a nice place to spend the day or go out in at night.
thanks - feel better for that ----but what you aid about needles - is Melbourne really like that? I ask as I haven't really seen any indication of drugs here aside from the special bins in toilets for safe disposal - I haven't come across any druggies or drugs here - even though smoking cannibis and growing your own for personal comsumption is ok
Old Aug 14th 2006, 3:00 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sasbear
thanks - feel better for that ----but what you aid about needles - is Melbourne really like that? I ask as I haven't really seen any indication of drugs here aside from the special bins in toilets for safe disposal - I haven't come across any druggies or drugs here - even though smoking cannibis and growing your own for personal comsumption is ok
In 'my' part of Melbourne I haven't seen any used needles etc. I'm sure there are places here too, of course. However, having two little ones we've spent loads of times at parks all over Chelsea, Aspendale Gardens, Mordialloc, Braeside and so far no sign at all.
Old Aug 14th 2006, 3:06 am
Account Closed

Deer Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sasbear
Yes there is a huge drug culture in inner city Melbourne. You don't tend to see it completely out in the open but make no mistake the drug scene is thriving!!
Old Aug 14th 2006, 5:37 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

St.Kilda is a great buzzing and happening place, of course there are drugs there, show me somewhere that's buzzy where there isn't, so what I say.

So you get a few gays there and the odd tranny, so what again they're not hurting anyone.

So what there's a few brasses standing around, who cares.

Most over rated beach, I don't think people go there for the beach but on hot day in summer it's mobbed.

As for needles everywhere most places have needle bins, I've never seen any on the beach and we stayed there when we holidayed in Melbourne and wish we could live there now as it has character in abundance which a lot of the outer suburbs are lacking.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.