Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

St Ives North Primary enrolment policy

St Ives North Primary enrolment policy

Old Apr 13th 2012, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

gabby_cat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default St Ives North Primary enrolment policy

Any one with kids at St Ives North? We are just about to take a house in St Ives Chase and have read the enrolment policy for St Ives North, it says we have to be in catchment and be Australian residents. The whole point of this house is to be able to walk to school but we are on a 457 visa and possibly won't get residency for another 9 months or so. Anyone got any experience of this?
Old Apr 13th 2012, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

Penny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud of
Default Re: St Ives North Primary enrolment policy

I have no idea sorry! But am happy to ring the school for you as time difference not great for you. St Ives not far from me but we came on PR visa and had no issue with schools. I think public schools go back a week Tuesday so let me know if you'd like me to call them and ask
Old Apr 13th 2012, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

gabby_cat is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks , that's a really kind offer and I realise I must update my location because we've been in Sydney for a week now! It's been a heck of a week but we've found a house which I think is pretty good going. I'm looking forward to getting to know the St Ives area better.

I think after re-reading the policy that they can only apply this to children starting school in reception yr (kindy?). I think if they are joining yrs 1-6 then the school is obliged to take them.
Old Apr 15th 2012, 9:36 am
Just Joined

domehead is an unknown quantity at this point

We came to Sydney on a 457 visa, and had no problems enrolling children in our catchment schools- Waitara Primary and St.Ives High. However, as temporary residents you need to obtain an "authority to enrol" from the department of education (the school will give you the necessary forms) and you have to pay around $4500 per child per year to attend public school.
Old Apr 15th 2012, 6:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to all

Is this the same for Melbourne?
Old Apr 16th 2012, 12:10 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

No fees for 457 visa holders do not apply in Melbourne.