Wikiposts

Spyware.

Old May 21st 2004, 12:36 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Spyware.

Originally posted by MarkMyWords
Let me guess, you're not running a Microsoft O/S? How very sensible.
Actually I am; Win 98 and IE6

but I do have a Zone Alarm Firewall, the FREE version
It does seem to work better than I thought it would.

Old May 21st 2004, 12:39 pm
mickj

Win 98, ZA free version? Wake up son...you want to update your windows version to a more current one, ask aound for serial # for the zone alarm pro 4

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
Actually I am; Win 98 and IE6

but I do have a Zone Alarm Firewall, the FREE version
It does seem to work better than I thought it would.

Old May 21st 2004, 1:05 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by mickj
Win 98, ZA free version? Wake up son...you want to update your windows version to a more current one, ask aound for serial # for the zone alarm pro 4
LOL
Actually, I already have all the MS Software, legal versions, I even have XPPro loaded on one HDD, but I still seem to prefer Win 98

Old May 21st 2004, 1:15 pm
mickj

legal versions? yeah right, pull the other one, its got bells :-)

LOL
Actually, I already have all the MS Software, legal versions, I even have XPPro loaded on one HDD, but I still seem to prefer Win 98

Old May 21st 2004, 1:36 pm
ABCDiamond

legal versions? yeah right, pull the other one, its got bells :-)
Sorry, but its true It's called the Microsoft Action Pack everything they have for £195.00
Not available to everyone though So don't ask for it !!

I just wish I knew how to use it all !!

Old May 21st 2004, 1:43 pm
mickj

I get all mine from a reliable source too, those in the know, know what am talking about :-)

Sorry, but its true It's called the Microsoft Action Pack everything they have for £195.00
Not available to everyone though So don't ask for it !!

I just wish I knew how to use it all !!

Old May 21st 2004, 1:58 pm
ABCDiamond

I get all mine from a reliable source too, those in the know, know what am talking about :-)
Mine's because of my authorised MS dealer status (now retired, however )

Old May 21st 2004, 4:51 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine's because of my authorised MS dealer status (now retired, however )

Put that in your pipe, mickj!
Old May 21st 2004, 11:47 pm
mickj

This because? You just jumped in without having a clue what we were talking about, we are talking about softwares here, not a substance that makes you behave the way you just did :-)

Originally posted by pleasancefamily

Put that in your pipe, mickj!

Old May 22nd 2004, 1:08 am
Don
Banned

This because? You just jumped in without having a clue what we were talking about, we are talking about softwares here, not a substance that makes you behave the way you just did :-)
You were treating old ABCD a bit nasty, but he probably knows more about computers than you do or ever will!!!

And he's a nice guy as well.
Old May 22nd 2004, 1:21 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

That shields up test says that my computer doesn't exist

Your Internet port 139 does not appear to exist!
One or more ports on this system are operating in FULL STEALTH MODE! Standard Internet behavior requires port connection attempts to be answered with a success or refusal response. Therefore, only an attempt to connect to a nonexistent computer results in no response of either kind. But YOUR computer has DELIBERATELY CHOSEN NOT TO RESPOND (that's very cool!) which represents advanced computer and port stealthing capabilities. A machine configured in this fashion is well hardened to Internet NetBIOS attack and intrusion.

Unable to connect with NetBIOS to your computer.
All attempts to get any information from your computer have FAILED. (This is very uncommon for a Windows networking-based PC.) Relative to vulnerabilities from Windows networking, this computer appears to be VERY SECURE since it is NOT exposing ANY of its internal NetBIOS networking protocol over the Internet

Means u are invisible to intruders which is excellent
Old May 22nd 2004, 1:23 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

But aint nicking software sorta like sumone nicking your Visa ?? hmmmm
Old May 22nd 2004, 2:24 am
mickj

Who said anything about nicking software? Hmmmm.....people borrow softwares to install don't they :-) On a different note, are the prices of cds and softwares justified, even for the average joe on the street?

Originally posted by Timber Floor Au
But aint nicking software sorta like sumone nicking your Visa ?? hmmmm

Old May 22nd 2004, 2:28 am
mickj

You must have got me mixed up with someone else, or got your knickers in a twist somehow. We were talking about softwares, and ways to increase security on your puter.

I didn't see ABCD actually mentioning anything about what i said, until you came along. What i know about computers? You will never know, lets keep it like that.

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
You were treating old ABCD a bit nasty, but he probably knows more about computers than you do or ever will!!!

And he's a nice guy as well.

Old May 22nd 2004, 3:04 am
Don
Banned

So what do you know about computers?

Just so that I'm reminded how glad I am not to be a geek, you understand.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.