Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Springwood area in Brisbane

Springwood area in Brisbane

Old Oct 11th 2004, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

Hazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant future
Default Springwood area in Brisbane

We have been looking at the area of springwood, eight mile plain and area's near to theses, does anybody have any info on these area's we are moving with 2 boys age 10 & 11, is there much for the kids to do?. the house prices seam to be cheaper here than other area's we have looked at.
Any info much appreciated...

Thanks
Hazel
Old Oct 11th 2004, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Springwood area in Brisbane

Hi Hazel,
we too are looking at this area, Springwood, Daisy Hill to move to next year. Really as we want to use John Paul College as our school.
My best friend is in Springwood and I have visitied a few times, she seems very happy there and pleased we the school he son is at. I guess it is well placed to get down to the gold coast, (another of my friends there uses the surf clubs on the coast for her boys). There is a lovely big outside pool with slides in springwood and you are very close to the Hyperdome for good shopping.
It is however very, very suburban and parts of it do look a bit scruffy.
8 Miles Plains, I don't know too well but is well placed for transport links, let me know if I can help anymore. If I don't know the answer, I can always ask my friend for you.
Good luck
Old Oct 11th 2004, 11:57 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Springwood area in Brisbane

Springwood, Daisy Hill etc., are at least on the right side of the Pacific Motorway Woodridge, an area which has a bad reputation, is on the other side.

Location wise, it is very well located to the motorways, for going North, South and West. And it's only about 20-30 minutes to the Redland Bay area.