Reload this Page >

SpouseVisa: Interview

SpouseVisa: Interview

Old Sep 15th 2002, 6:40 am
Just Joined

trece is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SpouseVisa: Interview

Hi,

We were told that an interview will be probably held for our spouse visa application in November. We are applying in Warsaw, Poland.

1) Can I be present at my wife's interview? Could I request to be present at the interview?
2) What kind of questions would they ask? How are these interviews generally conducted? What can we expect of it?
3) Has anybody had any experience with Interviews from Poland, Warsaw embassy officers?

Thanks,
trece.
Old Oct 19th 2002, 5:44 am
Just Joined

trece is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: SpouseVisa: Interview

I hope these answers help anyone concerned about having an interview for a spouse visa application:

1) I came with my wife to the embassy and they first interviewed her (applicant) and then they interviewed me (sponsor).

2) To me, they asked question about dates, places and details of main events: wedding, engagement, first time meeting. They also asked why did we chose to live in Australia, about our plans, etc.

To my wife they asked lots of details about her first visits to Australia. Where she stayed, with whom, what relatives, what friends. What did she do during the time. did she work. Dates of entry, exit, visa extensions, reason for things, etc. Lots of why's.

Then they asked questions about dates, places and details of main events. They stressed in our future plans in australia.

I was interviewed for hlaf an hour, and my wife for one and a half hours. The interview was conducted in an office and the officer was typing everything in a computer.

3) In Warsaw they were very polite and friendly to us. The interview was conducted in a friendly way, and they granted our visa on the very same day, after the interview.

I wish the best luck to anyone applying to australia.

Originally posted by trece:
Hi,

We were told that an interview will be probably held for our spouse visa application in November. We are applying in Warsaw, Poland.

1) Can I be present at my wife's interview? Could I request to be present at the interview?
2) What kind of questions would they ask? How are these interviews generally conducted? What can we expect of it?
3) Has anybody had any experience with Interviews from Poland, Warsaw embassy officers?

Thanks,
trece.