Reload this Page >

spouses visa application

spouses visa application

Old Apr 15th 2003, 3:08 pm
jaz
Forum Regular

jaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default spouses visa application

has anyone recently received acceptance on their spouses applications, and if so how long did it take to come through?
Old Apr 15th 2003, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

gowie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: spouses visa application

Originally posted by jaz
has anyone recently received acceptance on their spouses applications, and if so how long did it take to come through?

Wife has just got job offer in Rotorua, and are going to NZIS London 7th May to apply for visa's. Have been told that this is just a formality and both of us will be accepted????? Hope so cause flights are booked for 16th may and cats fly out too helpppppppppppppp! Nothing like close the bone eh?
Old Apr 15th 2003, 3:38 pm
jaz
Forum Regular

where are you going to?
Old Apr 15th 2003, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Ex-Bournemouth now Sunny Florida, heading for Perth
WannabeWallaby is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jaz

Hi there

My hubby is applying on a spouse visa, I am already an Aussie citizen. We applied beginning of November 2002, hubby had his medical and criminal checks and mailed those back early February 2003 and a copy of a divorce settlement they requested but haven't heard anything since......very frustrating! They originally quoted 4-6 months and it has been 5 1/2 months now, fingers crossed! I am hoping that it is merely a formality as they really haven't asked for much additional information.

Good luck with your application!

Wannabe Wallaby
Old Apr 16th 2003, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

gowie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jaz
where are you going to?
Rotorua, NZ.
Old Apr 16th 2003, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

Thom is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking spouse Visa

Hi
Put in my Hubbys application for Spouse Visa on 6th March 03 and received it back all accepted on 26th March 03.
Yes 20 Days!!
Hope to sell house as quick and go Perth in July.
Best Of Luck
Old Apr 16th 2003, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: spouse Visa

Originally posted by Thom
Hi
Put in my Hubbys application for Spouse Visa on 6th March 03 and received it back all accepted on 26th March 03.
Yes 20 Days!!
Hope to sell house as quick and go Perth in July.
Best Of Luck

WOW!!!

You must have sent all meds and police reports with application I suppose.

I am trying to keep my chin up whilst we wait.....

Happy for you, Wannabe Wallaby
Old Apr 16th 2003, 4:13 pm
Ev'n'John

Originally posted by jaz
We submitted a front loaded Spouse Visa application for my husband and children to London on 21st March 2003, and got an acceptance letter on 4th April 2003 (14 days!! We were expecting to wait up to 4 months!)

Old Apr 16th 2003, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Ev'n'John
We submitted a front loaded Spouse Visa application for my husband and children to London on 21st March 2003, and got an acceptance letter on 4th April 2003 (14 days!! We were expecting to wait up to 4 months!)

I'm beginning to see the advantages of front loading.....if only I'd known!!! Mind you, I probably would have messed it up anyway doing that - my hubby had to visit THREE different doctors to get his exam done and then visit the hospital for an X-ray who promptly lost his paperwork! So, still waiting to hear back from DIMA........sigh.

Wannabe Wallaby (eventually)
Old Apr 16th 2003, 8:11 pm
jaz
Forum Regular

Default thanks

thank you to all the replies received. We will be front loading definately. this is amazingly quick!

Did you all need to have an interview, and also I keep hearing conflicting accounts of what you need to do with the statement from friends an yourselves. Do you need a solicitor to make them into legal docoments?
Old Apr 16th 2003, 8:15 pm
jaz
Forum Regular

another querie, how do you sent all your forms and meds and checks if the meds are supposed to be sent direct to the DIMA?
Can you ask to have them sent to your home address?
Old Apr 16th 2003, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

james & bev is an unknown quantity at this point

they just sent Bev's medical results through to our home a couple of weeks later. We just explianed to them at the medical centre how we were applying. I am looking at them now in a sealed envelope sat ontop of the wardrobe waiting for the big interview on the 30th May.

james
Old Apr 16th 2003, 8:37 pm
Ev'n'John

Default Re: thanks

Originally posted by jaz
thank you to all the replies received. We will be front loading definately. this is amazingly quick!

Did you all need to have an interview, and also I keep hearing conflicting accounts of what you need to do with the statement from friends an yourselves. Do you need a solicitor to make them into legal docoments?
We didn't have to have an interview.

Also, we didn't get our friends/family statements made into legal documents (on the advice of someone on this forum). However, we did ask everyone to use a formal format for the statement. We decided to take a chance (as we have been married for so long, got kids etc) and it was obviously acceptable.

Medicals do not have to be sent direct to DIMIA. We took the children's forms away with us from the doctor on the day, and my husband went back to pick his up the following week once the blood results had been received.

Old Apr 16th 2003, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

james & bev is an unknown quantity at this point

from memory I think you have a choice to either send things in by post or request an interview under the front end loaded process.

We went for the latter based on the assuption we would probably have to wait up to 4 months if we went for the post option, and we did not want to wait that long if poss. Sounds as though that assumption was probably wrong!! Congratulations.