Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Spouse visa - query on form

Spouse visa - query on form

Old Jan 13th 2007, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice
Default Spouse visa - query on form

I have been looking at the application form for the spouse visa in more details (Husband is an Aussie). I was wondering if all you experienced types could help me!

It asks for details of all your children of which I have three. It asks if they will be migrating with you and if so for details of their passport numbers etc. However I plan to get them Australian passports before I apply so although they will be migrating with me and my husband, they wont be going on my application form. So should I put yes they are migrating and then put details of their Australian passports or details of their British passports? I am confused!!

Second question - it says you have to send off a certified copy of your passport - but surely you send your actual passport in so that they can put the visa in it......or am I being ignorant here.........

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me!!

Rachel
x
Old Jan 13th 2007, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice
Default Re: Spouse visa - query on form

I have realised this should be on a different forum - cananyone tell me how to move it?
Old Jan 13th 2007, 12:39 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RachelH
I have been looking at the application form for the spouse visa in more details (Husband is an Aussie). I was wondering if all you experienced types could help me!

It asks for details of all your children of which I have three. It asks if they will be migrating with you and if so for details of their passport numbers etc. However I plan to get them Australian passports before I apply so although they will be migrating with me and my husband, they wont be going on my application form. So should I put yes they are migrating and then put details of their Australian passports or details of their British passports? I am confused!!

Second question - it says you have to send off a certified copy of your passport - but surely you send your actual passport in so that they can put the visa in it......or am I being ignorant here.........

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me!!

Rachel
x
Hi Rach

As your children will be half Australian and therefore entitled to their own passport and citizenship by descent then you don't fill this in as they're not coming with you on your application.

You need to apply for their 'Citizenship by descent' paperwork which usually takes about 10 days to get through. Once you have that for each of them, then you fill out passport apps for them and they are given their own Australian passports - takes around 2 weeks.

I didn't include the children in my application at all, but i did put their details on a separate sheet and their p'port no's but with a note saying we were applying for their Australian citizenship and passports, just in case their was any confusion. Seemed to be just fine.

Yes, you need to send off a certified copy of your passport, which a solicitor can do for you, but you also need to send your passport in too which is called 'frontloading'. They'll stamp your passport and send it back to you with your visa in it already. Just saves them asking you for it separately. They'll keep your certified copy and you get your pport back.

Hope that helps.
Old Jan 13th 2007, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

ipom you are a legend, I should have come straight to you but dont want to keep harassing you! I have sent you some good karma!

Cheeky question - I take it they dont need medicals then either.......? the guidance booklet is quite confusing about this too!
Old Jan 13th 2007, 3:28 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

ipom you are a legend, I should have come straight to you but dont want to keep harassing you! I have sent you some good karma!

Cheeky question - I take it they dont need medicals then either.......? the guidance booklet is quite confusing about this too!
I didnt send my passport with my application, waited till they requested it, even though the guys on here suggested sending them, i chickened out at the last minute!!!!!

Your kids wont need to go to medicals. My hubby has just had his citizenship by descent and unlike me and the kids he did'nt need a medical!!!!

Good luck with the application. C x
Old Jan 14th 2007, 1:04 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

No, they're Australian already. They don't need medicals if they're not on your visa.