Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa - Piece of Cake ???????

Spouse Visa - Piece of Cake ???????

Old Jan 26th 2004, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

scotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the rough
Default Spouse Visa - Piece of Cake ???????

Spouse visa – piece of cake, meds done, x-rays, slight delay in getting Oz stat decs but done, in fact everything needed for a front loaded spouse visa - ‘In the bag’ thank you very much. Sent off last week – mail today from London – Oh shit!!!!

They have requested meds for my son from a previous marriage – WHAT??

I have got more chance of flying to Mars on the next NASA mission – my ex-wife would laugh so loud you’d be able to hear her on Mars if I were to ask her – short of signing over to her vast sums of money (like the proceeds of my home) its just not going to happen.

My son is 16, I have no contact (not through lack of trying) and haven’t seen him for nearly 3 years, my ex-wife - well enough said. So what do I do now? There must have been others in this situation? There’s got to be a way out – surely I wont be denied my visa because of this – or will I?

No point in saying ‘just give it a go – try to be nice – you never know till you try’ I DO!!
Old Jan 26th 2004, 3:55 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

There was a thread about this a few days ago - the main gist ( I think) was to try anyway, keep copies of letter sent/record of phone etc and then when she doesn't comply you hand it over to the DIMIA/.

You could do a stat dec saying what you have said here about the lack of contact etc and get your mum or someone to back you up by doing a stat dec of their own.
Old Jan 26th 2004, 4:39 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Look at 'nightmare ex wife' or it might have been 'ex wife nightmare' We have the joys plms, of this bit to come.

Sarah
Old Jan 26th 2004, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

scotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the rough

Thanks folk - found the posts mentioned

Gonna need a wee dram tonight:scared: