Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Oz, Onshore/Offshore

Spouse Visa Oz, Onshore/Offshore

Old Mar 22nd 2002, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

bsftaylorm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse Visa Oz, Onshore/Offshore

Currently applying for Spouse Visa to Oz. Married 6 years, 2 kids etc. Have been hearing some scary stories about processing times in the UK. We are going to Brisbane for a 'recon'mission in May for 3 weeks, would I be better applying through the Brisbane office of DIMA, or do I need to be living there to do that.

Also, one of the questions on the sponsor form suggests that if your sponsor is not currently living in Oz, they have to provide details of how they plan to fulfil their sponsorship duties. My wife won't be there until I am - we will not initially have a house or jobs, although we will be taking a fair amount of capital with us. How should we answer the question.

If anyone can help, we would be really grateful.
Old Mar 23rd 2002, 9:35 am
Dean

Default Re: Spouse Visa Oz, Onshore/Offshore

Basically, you just answered the question yourself, we were in the same position as
my sponsor lived with me in England. Mention the large amount of money you will have
to look after yourself and also the fact that you can speak English and your Wife
(assuming that She is your Sponsor) is familiar with Australia having lived there,
etc, etc. We did this and they never asked for any more. Got the visa last week after
a 6 month wait in London. Cheers, Dean.

"bsftaylorm" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Currently applying for Spouse Visa to Oz. Married 6 years, 2 kids etc. Have been
    > hearing some scary stories about processing times in the UK. We are going to
    > Brisbane for a 'recon'mission in May for 3 weeks, would I be better applying
    > through the Brisbane office of DIMA, or do I need to be living there to do that.
    >
    > Also, one of the questions on the sponsor form suggests that if your sponsor is not
    > currently living in Oz, they have to provide details of how they plan to fulfil
    > their sponsorship duties. My wife won't be there until I am - we will not initially
    > have a house or jobs, although we will be taking a fair amount of capital with us.
    > How should we answer the question.
    >
    > If anyone can help, we would be really grateful.
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Mar 24th 2002, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

Hi there, dean is right, you've answered your own question. I am the Australian and I live in the UK with my husband. I answered the sponsor question by mentioning the amount of money we will be bringing with us.

They processed our application in 6 weeks....not that scary!!

sophia x
Old Mar 28th 2002, 4:11 pm
Just Joined

katpash is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband and I will be applying for a spouse visa for me, and he currently is in the states with me. What do you recommend is an adequate amount of money (in AUS $) to take so that we can support ourselves and satisfy immigration?