Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Spouse visa info....

Spouse visa info....

Old Jul 20th 2004, 10:34 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse visa info....

A few of you might have witnessed my "almost" melt down a couple of days ago when I found out that the personal statements that I had gathered for my Hubby's spouse visa application werent witnessed by solicitors.

I thought, for anyone else that is currently gathering this information and plan on submitting it in to London, they might like to know that you dont need to get them witnessed. Thats what the Agent tells me anyway. He has said he has just recently applied for the same visa and none of his were witnessed and he got the visa...

So, tragedy is averted and now, hopefully....we get our visa in a few weeks and we can live happily ever after....

Hopefully a fairytale ending....and I didnt even have to kiss a frog!!
Old Jul 20th 2004, 10:40 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

I didn't even include any statements about me and my wife's relationship except what me and her had to say about it.

DIMIA haven't asked for anything. Only thing they asked for was medicals and criminal checks.

Mind you, our case is fairly cut and dry (married 6 years, have two kids).
Old Jul 20th 2004, 10:43 am
Account Closed

Originally posted by Ulujain
I didn't even include any statements about me and my wife's relationship except what me and her had to say about it.

DIMIA haven't asked for anything. Only thing they asked for was medicals and criminal checks.

Mind you, our case is fairly cut and dry (married 6 years, have two kids).

Ahhh, we have been married for just over a year, been together for just over 3 yrs. I am of the mind to send too much to the agent than not enough....they can always just pick through it all and send what they think....

Oh, we dont have any kiddies...yet!!

Have you submitted your application? Or got your visas already?

Hels
Old Jul 20th 2004, 10:53 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

So you mean they won't want my 15 stat decs, 3 boxfiles full of paper and6 page essays on our relationship? Bugger!

We'll have been together 5.5 years by the time we apply...aiming for the whole long-term relationship waiver thing thereby skipping the two year wait.

I'm going to need a packhorse to get my applicaiton to London!
Old Jul 20th 2004, 10:56 am
Account Closed

Originally posted by bundy
So you mean they won't want my 15 stat decs, 3 boxfiles full of paper and6 page essays on our relationship? Bugger!

We'll have been together 5.5 years by the time we apply...aiming for the whole long-term relationship waiver thing thereby skipping the two year wait.

I'm going to need a packhorse to get my applicaiton to London!

I could always send up my Hubby....he is my pack horse when we go shopping....

Our application is starting to look about the same!! Almost got a whole filing cabinet draw full of papers just for the application...
Old Jul 20th 2004, 10:58 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Hels
I could always send up my Hubby....he is my pack horse when we go shopping....

Our application is starting to look about the same!! Almost got a whole filing cabinet draw full of papers just for the application...

Mad isn't it? We've been planning this for years and I'm obsessive about keeping every scrap of paper that even vaguely relates to our relationship, hence the huge amount of evidence!
Old Jul 20th 2004, 11:05 am
Account Closed

Originally posted by bundy
Mad isn't it? We've been planning this for years and I'm obsessive about keeping every scrap of paper that even vaguely relates to our relationship, hence the huge amount of evidence!

lol...yup...you get totally obsessed over it...

I even called up my Mum in Oz the other day and told her off for not addressing a letter to the both of us as we might have needed the envelope for the application....

Me, obsessive??? Hmmm......

Old Jul 20th 2004, 11:06 am
BE Enthusiast

gdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to all

Hi

we've been married for 17 years!!

We have a 15 yr old son.

I still sent as much info as possible and stat decs from Oz relies (witnessed).

I had everything witnessed by a local solicitor (negotiated a job lot fee - £20).

It took 8 days from sending everything to London for them to request meds and police checks.

Then 4 days for the passports to be requested once the meds & police checks were sent.

Then 3 days to receive our passports back with visas enclosed!!!

Old Jul 20th 2004, 11:06 am
She's a bird, you know

lol...yup...you get totally obsessed over it...

I even called up my Mum in Oz the other day and told her off for not addressing a letter to the both of us as we might have needed the envelope for the application....

Me, obsessive??? Hmmm......

LOL! I do that too! And I whinge at airports when they won;t allow us to keep our boarding passes!
Old Jul 20th 2004, 11:10 am
Account Closed

gd...

Well done!! Congrats to you both...When and where are you heading to Oz??

Bundy...lol...I know the feeling....When we have done weekends away we purposely get people to take pics of the 2 of us with landmarks behind us so we can use the best of them for the application....

What am I gonna do with myself once the application is approved???

I am going to go through withdrawal symptoms....
Old Jul 20th 2004, 11:13 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Ahhh, we have been married for just over a year, been together for just over 3 yrs. I am of the mind to send too much to the agent than not enough....they can always just pick through it all and send what they think....

Oh, we dont have any kiddies...yet!!

Have you submitted your application? Or got your visas already?

Hels
Just waiting on word from DIMIA now. Doctor sent off the medicals yesterday.
Old Jul 20th 2004, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

gdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to all

Hi

we sold the house in May and moved into a rental so that our son could finish his GCSE's.

The shippers are booked for 27 & 28 Sept.

We're flying on 29 Sept to Melbourne, meeting up with family on 1st Oct, then driving along the coast road to Adelaide.

Our son is starting school on 11 Oct in Adelaide, so that he has the last term of 2004 before the summer hols start!!!! Phew
Old Jul 20th 2004, 11:23 am
Account Closed

Ulujain.....Good luck!! But it sounds like its all in the bag for you

gd....You will be arriving a day before we do! Although we are leaving the UK on the 14th and spending 2 weeks in Florida before we get home to set up our life....We are heading for a town in Central Victoria called Bendigo so will be flying into Melbourne as well... Have you been down the Great Ocean Rd before???
Old Jul 20th 2004, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

No!

Haven't even been to AUSTRALIA!!!
Old Jul 20th 2004, 11:27 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by gdcollectables
No!

Haven't even been to AUSTRALIA!!!
:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.