British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Spouse Visa: Got it!!!!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/spouse-visa-got-108411/)

Lynn-ann May 18th 2002 8:36 am

Spouse Visa: Got it!!!!!!!

At last, sorry to all those who are still waiting.
The poor postie didn't know what hit him, when I saw the pen in his hand I just knew it was here. He got a big kiss on the cheek from me (Lynn) to his amazment.
This waiting game makes you insane.
Anyway they asked for our passport to be sent with information about Vaughan's son Grant (because he is only 17 and not coming with us). We sent the passport on the 2nd May special delivery, then saw someone on this forum said that there was a three week turn around.
Phoned AHC on Monday 13th and spoke to a man. He looked on the computer and said they were still waiting for the return of the passport. I told him that it had been sent.
Now this could be of interest to someone out their with the same case officer.
Jane McKenna has had a berevement and is off for six months, so her work load is being sorted out by someone else.
Back to the man at AHC: He said that there would be a two week turnaround.
Right thought I on Thursday 16th, I wonder if they have got to our letter yet. Phoned AHC and as polite as possible asked the very nice lady mentioning that poor Ms McKenna was away and had our letter been looked at. As luck would have it she said 'Oh' I have some of her work load in front of me and then started to look through them.
Would you believe it ! she opened the letter there and then and said don't worry l'll will deal with it now and you should get it in the next two days. WOW.
That's why the poor postie nearly had his hand bitten off.
Anyway we hope to be in Brisbane mid-August. House has just sold and Vaughan has put his notice in.
All systems go.
This site is fantastic and I will be keeping in touch and watching for the rest of you to feel the way we do.
Just out of interest we are probably two of an older group going, I will be 47 next week but feel 25 again. It would be nice to meet up with people in Brisbane.
Best of luck to you all.
Love from Lynn and Vaughan XXXXX

jet May 18th 2002 11:17 am

Re: Spouse Visa: Got it!!!!!!!

Congratulations Lynn and Vaughan, my postie too got the biggest kiss...poor man!!!!

All the very best for your life downunder, I am leaving the cold behind on Monday and now counting the hours.

Debs

yvsie May 18th 2002 11:20 am

Hi Debs

I hope you dont mind me saying .....OH MY GOD 3 days to go????????????????????????

How are you feeling???????????????????

Is that right....going on 21st may????????????????

cazsue May 18th 2002 11:31 am

Lynn, congrats to you both, great feeling isn't it!

I am on here when I should be packing, flying to Brissie on the 1st July and have so much to do before then.

Good luck with with the move.

Regards

Caz

Kershaw4 May 18th 2002 3:16 pm

Well done, you must be feeling ecstatic, we are hoping to be off by November at the latest, applied April 2001 and still waiting although have decided to submit medicals and police checks now to hopefully speed up the process as it seems the frontloaders are getting theres much faster. Would love to keep in touch as in late thirties and planning to stay in Brisbane having just recently visited have lots of information could share with you

Jaj May 19th 2002 12:20 am

Congratulations Lynn.

As for Australian citizenship by descent for your two older children, my
understanding is that the forms etc will be available on the DIMIA site on 1 July
2002, so they can apply for citizenship then. They will need police checks, so ought
to do these soon if they haven't done so already (it may speed things up and the
worst case scenario is that the AHC would want new ones, only costs GBP10).

They need to make sure that they don't miss the deadline of their 25th birthday. A
similar opportunity is unlikely to come up in future.

Jeremy

>On 18 May 2002 14:20:06 GMT, Lynn-ann <[email protected]> wrote:

>At last, sorry to all those who are still waiting. The poor postie didn't know what
    >hit him, when I saw the pen in his hand I just knew it was here. He got a big kiss
    >on the cheek from me (Lynn) to his amazment. This waiting game makes you insane.
    >Anyway they asked for our passport to be sent with information about Vaughan's son
    >Grant (because he is only 17 and not coming with us). We sent the passport on the
    >2nd May special delivery, then saw someone on this forum said that there was a three
    >week turn around. Phoned AHC on Monday 13th and spoke to a man. He looked on the
    >computer and said they were still waiting for the return of the passport. I told him
    >that it had been sent. Now this could be of interest to someone out their with the
    >same case officer. Jane McKenna has had a berevement and is off for six months, so
    >her work load is being sorted out by someone else. Back to the man at AHC: He said
    >that there would be a two week turnaround. Right thought I on Thursday 16th, I
    >wonder if they have got to our letter yet. Phoned AHC and as polite as possible
    >asked the very nice lady mentioning that poor Ms McKenna was away and had our letter
    >been looked at. As luck would have it she said 'Oh' I have some of her work load in
    >front of me and then started to look through them. Would you believe it ! she opened
    >the letter there and then and said don't worry l'll will deal with it now and you
    >should get it in the next two days. WOW. That's why the poor postie nearly had his
    >hand bitten off. Anyway we hope to be in Brisbane mid-August. House has just sold
    >and Vaughan has put his notice in. All systems go. This site is fantastic and I will
    >be keeping in touch and watching for the rest of you to feel the way we do. Just out
    >of interest we are probably two of an older group going, I will be 47 next week but
    >feel 25 again. It would be nice to meet up with people in Brisbane. Best of luck to
    >you all. Love from Lynn and Vaughan XXXXX
    >
    >
    >
    >--
    >Lynn
    >
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Lynn-ann May 19th 2002 11:59 pm

Thanks to everyone that wishers us well.
Message to Kershaw4 sorry don't know your name, but keeping in touch sounds good to me, would love to hear your news and about your first hand look at Brisbane.