Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Baggage Allowance

Spouse Visa Baggage Allowance

Old Aug 12th 2004, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

PHIZA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse Visa Baggage Allowance

Hi Everybody, I know this has probably been asked before but I'm struggling to find it on the search thingy!

Just to recap: I'm on PR Spouse Visa, Mrs and kids all got British and Aussie Passports
I've confirmed our flights (one-way) today with Singapore Airlines, and both the Travel Agent and Singapore Airlines have told me that only I'm eligible for the 40kg baggage allowance as only I have a Visa.

This seems a bit tight! Has anyone else managed to get the allowance for everybody else travelling in a similar situation?
Old Aug 12th 2004, 4:46 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa Baggage Allowance

Originally Posted by PHIZA
Hi Everybody, I know this has probably been asked before but I'm struggling to find it on the search thingy!

Just to recap: I'm on PR Spouse Visa, Mrs and kids all got British and Aussie Passports
I've confirmed our flights (one-way) today with Singapore Airlines, and both the Travel Agent and Singapore Airlines have told me that only I'm eligible for the 40kg baggage allowance as only I have a Visa.

This seems a bit tight! Has anyone else managed to get the allowance for everybody else travelling in a similar situation?
Want to know the same myself....

As far as I know, you can only get the double allowance if you have the actual visa stuck in your own passport and a one-way ticket. In which case, the aussie contingent of the family won't get the extra allowance because they don't have that sticker in their passports.

I agree - it's a bit ridiculous, esp if they've been living over here for years! I was considering arguing the point when I get to it...
Old Aug 14th 2004, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

PHIZA is an unknown quantity at this point

I e-mailed Singapore Airlines regarding the luggage allowance and I've just had an e-mail from a very kind lady called Lena who sent the following:

"You have been authorised to take an extra 20kgs per person giving you up to 40kgs total per person. We will update your booking to show this allowance"

Back of the net! Result!!
Old Aug 14th 2004, 10:43 am
CON
Banned

CON is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Spouse Visa Baggage Allowance

I e-mailed Singapore Airlines regarding the luggage allowance and I've just had an e-mail from a very kind lady called Lena who sent the following:

"You have been authorised to take an extra 20kgs per person giving you up to 40kgs total per person. We will update your booking to show this allowance"

That is great news, we will have to take a leaf out of your book once we get to that stage. Thanks for sharing the news with us.
Old Aug 14th 2004, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

jasper pentop is an unknown quantity at this point

Lucky Bugger! Congrats though. We were denied our extra baggage - spouse visa didnt count for Cathay Pacific. So we lived out of one and half suitcases for two months. IT WAS GRAND *COUGH*
Old Aug 14th 2004, 3:22 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Or you could just go via the US and then you get 64kg's per person....