Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Applications

Spouse Visa Applications

Old Sep 23rd 2004, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

weenie is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Spouse Visa Applications

Hi, Im new to this website, so Im not sure if I am in the right forum discussion area?

Is anyone going through the AUS Spouse visa application process at the moment through Australian High Commission in the UK?

Interested to speak to people who are going through the process as I am still awaiting mine and its been a while (ish)
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 3:52 pm
Banned

Kendonakasaki is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa Applications

Originally Posted by weenie
Hi, Im new to this website, so Im not sure if I am in the right forum discussion area?

Is anyone going through the AUS Spouse visa application process at the moment through Australian High Commission in the UK?

Interested to speak to people who are going through the process as I am still awaiting mine and its been a while (ish)
How long you been waiting weenie, I'm assuming all your medicals and police checks are done and you have posted off and are just waiting for the reply from your case officer.
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 3:55 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

welcome to the forum

You are best posting on the immigration Australia and NZ forum, thre are more people in there waiting for visas.

I applied in May and mine took 3 weeks but I dont know how quick they are going through now and it is all down to circumstances and can take up to about 4 months or so.

if you look at www.austimeline.com you can have a look at other people who applied about the same time as you but I think the site is down for a couple of days.

Good luck
Kala
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kendonakasaki
How long you been waiting weenie, I'm assuming all your medicals and police checks are done and you have posted off and are just waiting for the reply from your case officer.
Hey thanks for the quick reply, its been about 3 months now, I have been reading forums about 'frontloaded' applications, but I havent got a clue what that is!

I applied for the visa July, received case officer details and then asked to get my medicals done etc. I have sent medicals now, and police checks were sent with initial application. The medicals were sent three weeks ago.

Its really hard when you cant even call up the case officer to find out if they have received it! I have sent everything recorded though

This is going through UK Australia High COmmission rather than in Aus

Weenie
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 4:15 pm
Banned

Kendonakasaki is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey thanks for the quick reply, its been about 3 months now, I have been reading forums about 'frontloaded' applications, but I havent got a clue what that is!

I applied for the visa July, received case officer details and then asked to get my medicals done etc. I have sent medicals now, and police checks were sent with initial application. The medicals were sent three weeks ago.

Its really hard when you cant even call up the case officer to find out if they have received it! I have sent everything recorded though

Weenie
Do you have the details of your recorded delivery..................what I would suggest if you are really worried is that you contact the case officer and explain that you forgot to record the delivery details and would it be possible for him/her to make sure they arrived ok as you are a little concerned they may have been mis-laid. Others have done this in the past ( I think Phiza was one recently ) do a search on his posts and see if there are any tips...............welcome to the forum by the way, I'm sure you'll find it very useful
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

gdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to all

Hi Weenie

I have a spouse visa issued from London.

When I received the letter to have my meds and police checks done, there was a case officers name and contact details at the end of the letter along with my reference number!

It took 3 weeks from start to finish and I did phone him and speak to him during that time as well. Are you sure there aren't any contact details?
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Currently in Southampton leaving for Brisbane on the 14th of April 05!!
qkeoty is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Weenie...

its great to see another couple trying for the spouse visa.. we too are in the same boat as you.. hoping the visa will be approved in the next few months.

im a permanent resident of australia and my partner is british.. we hope to be brisbane by april next year.. we front loaded our visa on the 6th of september so i doubt it should be a problem..

where are you headed?..

Jess and James
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gdcollectables
Hi Weenie

I have a spouse visa issued from London.

When I received the letter to have my meds and police checks done, there was a case officers name and contact details at the end of the letter along with my reference number!

It took 3 weeks from start to finish and I did phone him and speak to him during that time as well. Are you sure there aren't any contact details?

Hiya yes I have a case officer and the details are on the letter, but I have been told that if I call up to find out the 'progress' of my application, I will put put to the back of the queue? Do you think thats true?
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by qkeoty
Hello Weenie...

its great to see another couple trying for the spouse visa.. we too are in the same boat as you.. hoping the visa will be approved in the next few months.

im a permanent resident of australia and my partner is british.. we hope to be brisbane by april next year.. we front loaded our visa on the 6th of september so i doubt it should be a problem..

where are you headed?..

Jess and James
Hi Jess and James! Ok so there are people in the same boat. Thats good to know, my husband is aussie and I am british, we are heading for melbourne. We are naughty and already booked flights 30 january, and Ive sold me flat .. a bit presumptious perhaps but needed to get things sorted.

What does 'front loaded' mean? I have no idea.
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

jimcrow is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by qkeoty
Hello Weenie...

where are you headed?..

Jess and James
Hi Jess and James, Weenie and all...

We too are waiting patiently for a spouse visa. Only sent the application on Monday but already checking the email, mail and waiting for the phone to ring. I'll keep you posted on any correspondence we get from London and it would be great to hear of others progress.

Good luck to all
P
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Currently in Southampton leaving for Brisbane on the 14th of April 05!!
qkeoty is an unknown quantity at this point

[that is really cool... would love to hear any good news you get!!

front loading is to send all your documents together such as medicals and police certificates.. all forms basically

Jess and James
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jimcrow
Hi Jess and James, Weenie and all...

We too are waiting patiently for a spouse visa. Only sent the application on Monday but already checking the email, mail and waiting for the phone to ring. I'll keep you posted on any correspondence we get from London and it would be great to hear of others progress.

Good luck to all
P
Hello!

It took us two weeks to get a letter back from the Aussie High Commission, they sent back all important documents too like the wedding certificate, birth, etc.

Good luck to you and the others!
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 6:59 pm
Just Joined

Andy scaff is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Spouse Visa Applications

Weenie
Hey weenie, howzit?
Yeah mate, know exactly what you mean!
Its hard enuff anyway, but when no-one's gonna talk to you it just gets worse. My wife's in Canberra, which means she can go in an talk to people, but every time something happens this end, I end up having to call her again because there's no-one here to talk to! Anyway, you found a good site here. I only found it yesterday, an i've had more help (and fun) than a year with Oz house, etc.
Good luck with it all mate, anything I can do, etc
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Andy scaff
Hey weenie, howzit?
Yeah mate, know exactly what you mean!
Its hard enuff anyway, but when no-one's gonna talk to you it just gets worse. My wife's in Canberra, which means she can go in an talk to people, but every time something happens this end, I end up having to call her again because there's no-one here to talk to! Anyway, you found a good site here. I only found it yesterday, an i've had more help (and fun) than a year with Oz house, etc.
Good luck with it all mate, anything I can do, etc

Oh poor you does that mean you and your wife are apart? my partner and I had to go through that when he was applying for a fiance visa for the uk, loads easier the other way around though isnt it, the Canberra office are a lot more approachable!!
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

Andy scaff is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh poor you does that mean you and your wife are apart? my partner and I had to go through that when he was applying for a fiance visa for the uk, loads easier the other way around though isnt it, the Canberra office are a lot more approachable!!
Hey mate, no idea why, but i thought you were a guy!
Yeah, been apart for about half of the last 3 years. No fun, but on the bright side its been cheaper on the air fares 'round europe! True what you say tho', it seems so much easier to find someone who'll talk to you in Oz, over here you seem to get there despite them, rather than with their help. Let me know how you get on, after all, I only found out what "front end loading" was by reading replies to your thread!, so i'll probably learn something. We didn't even try for the fiance visa for Caitlinn, 'cos we heard some horror stories from mates of mine who married Thai girls over here, she just rocked up at theifrow an we spent 3 hours in a full scale row with immigration. Probably not for everyone, but it worked for us!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.