Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Spouse visa application

Spouse visa application

Old Jan 12th 2004, 3:31 pm
Good news everyone...

davidclifford is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse visa application

I am just starting to get the information I need for a spouse visa to enable me to emigrate to Melbourne Australia with my wife. I downloaded the forms over a year ago but due to an serious illness in the family it was not the right time to apply so have left it until now.

I now notice that there is a requirement for a statutary declaration from 2 AUSTRALIAN citizens, where as before it just only needed persons to decalre that I am in a real relationship, Australian or not.

Does anyone know why this was changed and what you are supposed to do if you don't know any Australians?
My wife is a citizen by grant (originaly English) and does not have any family over there. She got citizenship after being in a de facto relationship but has now lost touch with him.

Does anyone have any advice they can give me?
Old Jan 12th 2004, 3:35 pm
WBB

Default Re: Spouse visa application

Originally posted by davidclifford
I am just starting to get the information I need for a spouse visa to enable me to emigrate to Melbourne Australia with my wife. I downloaded the forms over a year ago but due to an serious illness in the family it was not the right time to apply so have left it until now.

I now notice that there is a requirement for a statutary declaration from 2 AUSTRALIAN citizens, where as before it just only needed persons to decalre that I am in a real relationship, Australian or not.

Does anyone know why this was changed and what you are supposed to do if you don't know any Australians?
My wife is a citizen by grant (originaly English) and does not have any family over there. She got citizenship after being in a de facto relationship but has now lost touch with him.

this one has popped up before, if you know any aussies use them for the stat decs otherwise use whoever you can and they will be accepted.

Old Jan 12th 2004, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

Natbat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Don't know if this would help but have you and/or your wife got a job already out there, if so could the company declare that you have that job to start when you get over there?

If not then I would just send in British ones, they have to be sympathetic to people who do not have family already based there.

Good Luck

Old Jan 12th 2004, 3:50 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Natbat
Hi

Don't know if this would help but have you and/or your wife got a job already out there, if so could the company declare that you have that job to start when you get over there?

If not then I would just send in British ones, they have to be sympathetic to people who do not have family already based there.

Good Luck

And if you have any trouble just bring up the fact that the embassy in berlin doesnt require any stat decs at all.

(I'm so lucky to be doing it through Berlin )
Old Jan 12th 2004, 4:25 pm
WBB

Originally posted by Mairi&Chris
And if you have any trouble just bring up the fact that the embassy in berlin doesnt require any stat decs at all.

(I'm so lucky to be doing it through Berlin )
i'm sure that would go down well

different countries have different requirements, you must satisfy the criterea in your own country.

Old Jan 12th 2004, 7:36 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

There have been some discussions about this before. The area appears to be grey but no one appears to have been rejected for not having the 2 Aussie stat decs. PTlabs, Alan Collett, JAJ and George Lombard have all posted an opinion on this subject in the immigration forum. Those 4 are the most knowledgeable in this area.

IMO I think you will be OK with plenty of UK stat decs.
Old Jan 13th 2004, 8:42 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by welshboybilly
i'm sure that would go down well

different countries have different requirements, you must satisfy the criterea in your own country.

True,
but if you are a UK citizen then you can freely live in any European country so could move over to germany no problem, then you have residency here and can go through Berlin, so it makes a bit of a mockery of the thing about different countries in Europe having different requirements. Agree with what you say for non european countries though.