Spouse visa after Prospective Marriage visa question

Spouse visa after Prospective Marriage visa question

Old Aug 31st 2005, 9:06 pm
BSH
Just Joined

BSH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse visa after Prospective Marriage visa question

Hi guys

In process of applying for Spouse visa after just getting married in Sydney (on prospective marriage one). Do I need to still supply all the same things I did 9 mths ago for the proespective marriage visa (i.e. stat declarations, police checks etc) or are these all taken into account for the spouse visa.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Regards

Ben
Old Aug 31st 2005, 9:26 pm
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all
Smile Re: Spouse visa after Prospective Marriage visa question

Originally Posted by BSH
Hi guys

In process of applying for Spouse visa after just getting married in Sydney (on prospective marriage one). Do I need to still supply all the same things I did 9 mths ago for the proespective marriage visa (i.e. stat declarations, police checks etc) or are these all taken into account for the spouse visa.

Regards

Ben

G'day Ben,

I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your question for sure, but I have two suggestions (clean ones! ) for you:
  1. Try posting this in the Aussie Immigration forum; and/or
  2. Do a search for posts by Pollyana and MLBonner, both of whom have been through the process and posted tomes on it here!
Cheers,
PR

Old Aug 31st 2005, 9:36 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse visa after Prospective Marriage visa question

Originally Posted by BSH
Hi guys

Regards

Ben
Basically yes. You need to fill in the forms again, and follow all the instructions for Spouse, instead of Pros Spouse, enclosing birth cert, passports, etc again.
If your medical and police check are less than 12 months old they are still valid, but you will need another lot of Stat decs and proof of ongoing rel'ship.
You also need the official marriage cert from the Registrar, not the decorative one from the ceremony (if you got given one).

Any more queries, just let me know!
Old Aug 31st 2005, 9:44 pm
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all
Talking Re: Spouse visa after Prospective Marriage visa question

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Basically yes. You need to fill in the forms again, and follow all the instructions for Spouse, instead of Pros Spouse, enclosing birth cert, passports, etc again.
If your medical and police check are less than 12 months old they are still valid, but you will need another lot of Stat decs and proof of ongoing rel'ship.
You also need the official marriage cert from the Registrar, not the decorative one from the ceremony (if you got given one).

Any more queries, just let me know!

That's my utterly dependable, informative, beer-swilling mate, Polly!

and another grin ... and a few beers, hics, etc., but I can only put five smilies on here! *rolleyes* *wink* *grin ... again*

Old Aug 31st 2005, 10:00 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BSH
Hi guys

Regards

Ben

What Polly said, but really they want your money, and when I sat down with the bloke he was most interested in the 2 stat decs from people cos in 2 years time they will be wthe poeple they go to to check its still legit and ongoing.
Old Sep 1st 2005, 9:21 am
BSH
Just Joined

Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated !

Ben
Old Sep 1st 2005, 8:31 pm
BSH
Just Joined

Hi again

One other quick question. can the stat declarations be from the same people as the last visa ?

Cheers

Ben
Old Sep 1st 2005, 10:03 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BSH
Hi again

One other quick question. can the stat declarations be from the same people as the last visa ?

Cheers

Ben

Yes
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 4:12 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Looks good too if they are from the same people - for instance my best mate did one for me for my Pros Spouse, saying how he was looking forward to meteting The Bloke, and coming to the wedding - the one for the Spouse visa itself he wrote about how he felt now he had actually met my new partner, his experience at the wedding and staying with us etc - puts some continuity into it.
Old Sep 4th 2005, 9:05 am
BSH
Just Joined

Thanks guys !