Spouse Visa

Old Jan 26th 2004, 10:25 am
Just Joined

Taylorbrook is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse Visa

Hi all,

New here, although I've lurked a bit since January, and already got some useful information, and enjoyed the chats!

My English Rose wife and I (Australian) wish to move to Australia with her on a Spouse Visa. We got married last year, with no plans to move back so soon, but decided over Christmas that this was the year to move to Tas. We are collecting all the bits and bobs together for submitting in Feburary, trying to front end load as much as possible. What we would like to know is if including a copy of her CV and a copy of her degree certificate will influence the outcome favourable at all, or is this considered irrelevant information?

Also, assuming we are granted the visa, how long do we have before we must enter Australia? We want to have everything sorted by September, but know her medical history may slow things up a bit.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help

Scott (and Caroline)
Old Jan 26th 2004, 10:31 am
WBB

Default Re: Spouse Visa

Originally posted by Taylorbrook
Hi all,

New here, although I've lurked a bit since January, and already got some useful information, and enjoyed the chats!

My English Rose wife and I (Australian) wish to move to Australia with her on a Spouse Visa. We got married last year, with no plans to move back so soon, but decided over Christmas that this was the year to move to Tas. We are collecting all the bits and bobs together for submitting in Feburary, trying to front end load as much as possible. What we would like to know is if including a copy of her CV and a copy of her degree certificate will influence the outcome favourable at all, or is this considered irrelevant information?

Also, assuming we are granted the visa, how long do we have before we must enter Australia? We want to have everything sorted by September, but know her medical history may slow things up a bit.

Scott (and Caroline)
welcome to the site.

i think the CV may be irrelavant but it would not go against you to enclose a copy.
if you are granted a visa you have to first enter aussie within 12 months from the date of your meds or police checks (whichever is dated earlier)

i would not worry too much about the meds, it is pretty basic stuff.

Old Jan 26th 2004, 11:26 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Scott (and Caroline)
Hey Scott and Caroline,

Ditto WBB's comments and thought you might like to know that I have been stressing endlessly about my medical as I also have A History and have posts about it all over the place (try a search), so if you want any help on that aspect, just shout.

BTW - also doing spouse (de facto). I'm the pom, Mr Bundy is the Aussie. I'm considering chucking in my CV or degree certs to show that I am employable! Will also chuck in copy of contract, P60s and payslips, even thought these are only requested for the sponsor, not the applicant.

Anyway, welcome to the forum and shout out any questions. There are a few of us spouse/de factos here...
Old Jan 26th 2004, 11:28 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I enclosed a copy of my CV; also a copy of a reference from my current employer saying I would have no problem getting a job in Oz. certainyl didn't do any harm, and showed I was willing to work as soon as possible.
(that was for a prospective spouse visa)
Old Jan 26th 2004, 7:49 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Scott (and Caroline)
They do not seem to request AOS from poms at the London AHC although things could change. By all means include the CV as additional info will not hurt the application. The evidence relating to the nature of your relationship is the deciding factor. Even then they will ask you for more info if they are unsure.

Of course you must meet the health and character requirments.

Good luck from a de-facto visa type.
Old Jan 27th 2004, 8:13 am
Just Joined

Taylorbrook is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info - my English rose is now less worried about that aspect (but like Bundy has another 650 odd things on the 'to worry about' list).

Another question - do we need declarations from Australians for the temporary Visa - my impression is that that is required for the permanent Visa. Only we met and married in the UK, and people in Australia who aren't family members who have seen us as a couple are thin on the ground. If we do need them for stage 1, how many should we get?

Finally, what is AOS? I'm sure I could figure it out, but TLA's often throw me!

Scott (and Caroline)
Old Jan 27th 2004, 8:19 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info - my English rose is now less worried about that aspect (but like Bundy has another 650 odd things on the 'to worry about' list).

Another question - do we need declarations from Australians for the temporary Visa - my impression is that that is required for the permanent Visa. Only we met and married in the UK, and people in Australia who aren't family members who have seen us as a couple are thin on the ground. If we do need them for stage 1, how many should we get?

Scott (and Caroline)

I am the world's greatest worrier....

You are supposed to get stat decs (on the offical Form 888) from at least 2 Aussie citizens. However, there has been some debate over this for those applying off-shore (ie in the UK). Bondipom knows a bit about this, I think.

An AOS is an Assurance of Support - needed from someone in Oz (doesn't ahve to be your partner) if DIMIA think that you are unlikely to find work and therefore require financial support. Basically it's an assurance that someone will support the applicant financially.

And where are you in Norwich? I'm Norfolk girl, born and bred
Old Jan 27th 2004, 8:28 am

Scott (and Caroline)
You poor bloke suffering with a worrier. To put her mind at rest there are plenty on here who have been or are going through the process.

The TLA AOS stands for Assurance of Support which can be asked for if DIMIA believe you are likely to be a burden on the welfare state. There are details on the www.immi.gov.au web site.

There is a thread regarding the stat decs you will find interesting in the immi forum which Bundy posted I will try and dig it up. 2 is the minimum stat decs but try for more.

Anthonykirby is a poster who provided some excellent lists of evidence. He probably had the hardest time of the lot of us but he got the visa in the end.
Old Jan 27th 2004, 8:32 am

Originally posted by bundy
I am the world's greatest worrier....

You are supposed to get stat decs (on the offical Form 888) from at least 2 Aussie citizens. However, there has been some debate over this for those applying off-shore (ie in the UK). Bondipom knows a bit about this, I think.

An AOS is an Assurance of Support - needed from someone in Oz (doesn't ahve to be your partner) if DIMIA think that you are unlikely to find work and therefore require financial support. Basically it's an assurance that someone will support the applicant financially.

And where are you in Norwich? I'm Norfolk girl, born and bred
I was born in Norfolk as well but didn't spend long there. No wonder you like Nundle.
Old Jan 27th 2004, 8:42 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by bondipom
I was born in Norfolk as well but didn't spend long there. No wonder you like Nundle.
Yep, small village Norfolk to small town NSW!

Nundle's not quite so flat though...
Old Jan 27th 2004, 8:45 am

Yep, small village Norfolk to small town NSW!

Nundle's not quite so flat though...
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=202993

Is the thread about 2 stat decs from Aussies. The post from George Lombard is the answer. His posts are always excellent.

East Anglian countryside can be a bit boring. For my sins I mainly know Ipswich.
Old Jan 27th 2004, 8:49 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by bondipom
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=202993

Is the thread about 2 stat decs from Aussies. The post from George Lombard is the answer. His posts are always excellent.

East Anglian countryside can be a bit boring. For my sins I mainly know Ipswich.
I have this hankering for hils, which is odd, having grown up in Norfolk and Cambridge! I couldn't wait to get away from Norwich though - never did like it. Ipswich. Eek!
Old Jan 27th 2004, 8:52 am

I have this hankering for hils, which is odd, having grown up in Norfolk and Cambridge! I couldn't wait to get away from Norwich though - never did like it. Ipswich. Eek!
I agree. I have never been back since I was 18. hey canno pronounce their ts either.
Old Jan 27th 2004, 8:56 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, but do you have the Norfolk accent? Thems sum funny foke darn in Norfoke
Old Jan 27th 2004, 8:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Scott (and Caroline)
Hi Scott (and Caroline) and welcome to the forum

I'm in a similar position to you (Australian) but I have a Scottish rose. Where are you from in Australia? I'm from Melbourne. We will also be applying for a spouse visa for my wife and have got all the information we needed from this site as well as the AHC, London website. Am I wrong in thinking that Scott (and myself) can provide the AOS for our spouse because I have been assuming this is the case. If not, 'no worries' because my parents or brothers can give the AOS.

As others have said info such as CV etc won't hurt but they are looking more for evidence of your relationship - marriage certificate, photos, bills, bank statements in joint names, statements from friends or relatives etc, etc. Hit them with as much as you can provide and they won't come back and ask for more is the theory I am working on.

Anyway, as bundy said, just fire away with any questions you have.

OzTennis

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.