Spouse Visa

Old Mar 25th 2002, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

colind is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse Visa

Hi folks

Just wanted to say thank you to all on the NG. Although I have not been an active contributor, your comments on various issues have given me piece of mind during the wait, when hearing and knowing nothing on the progress of your application can be a lonely and frustrating experience!

For anyone waiting for or thinking of applying for migration to Australia through the Spouse stream, I have posted my timeframe on the austime site. In summary, I received approval of the visa 6 months to the day (applied 19/9/01, approved 19/3/02). I completed all the forms on my own without using an agent. This morning, I went down to AHC and they inserted the visa label in my passport. Got there at 8:30, queued for half an hour for them to open and was out with the visa by 9:20.

I hope this helps anyone still waiting. We're off to Sydney in June. Hope you are all successful with your applications too and I wish you all the best for the future.

Colin
Old Apr 3rd 2002, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

etlniwd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa

Hi Colin,

Congratulations and thanks for the information. I'm about to go through the same process as you. Forms to be sent off in next few days and I'm assuming a six-month processing time.

Still not 100% sure whether this is the best way to do it (as opposed to going to Oz on a vistor's visa with my spouse and applying once I'm there) but I can't dither for too much longer.

Nick
Old Apr 3rd 2002, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

cazsue is an unknown quantity at this point

You must be well chuffed!!

Congratulations and have a safe trip. I am still in the process of waiting it has only been two months now, I have my fingers crossed that by some miracle it will come through before the six months.

Best luck anyway.

Caz
Old Apr 17th 2002, 8:47 am
Just Joined

regperrin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Nick and Caz,

Don't hold your breath. I have been waiting 14 months, and still no visa...

My job in the UK ended last year, so my wife and I decided to move to Perth and wait for the visa to come through. Not only has it not been forthcoming, but I was not given an extension to my visitors visa because apparently I am not allowed to sit in Australia and wait for the spouse migration visa to come through.

So its back to the UK, leaving my wife here, because at least she can work here.

Still.. nice place, Perth...hopefully I'll be back...

Jim