Spouse status

Old Sep 15th 2003, 12:16 pm
Just Joined

odsuser2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse status

Dear all,

Does anyone know that any application required for the following case?

Both hubby and son are Oz citizen, what application should be done so that the woman will have PR in Oz?

If needed, can the application be done in Oz, or in the woman's own country?

Thank you for help.

Tony.
Old Sep 15th 2003, 12:32 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Tony, I think you need form Sponsorship for a partner to Migrate to Australia
&
Application for migration to Australia by a partner

If I'm wrong Im sure someone will point it out, but those are the ones that we are doing. Not sure about in or out of the country, Dagboy is here in Australia but he is on a 4 year work visa. Someone else will probably know alot more .
Old Sep 15th 2003, 1:54 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

MrsDagboy gave good addy's. Also, if you have been in the relationaship for over 3 years or less if you have children of the relationship, you can have the stage 1 visa waived
Old Sep 15th 2003, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Ex-Bournemouth now Sunny Florida, heading for Perth
WannabeWallaby is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Tony, I think you need form Sponsorship for a partner to Migrate to Australia
&
Application for migration to Australia by a partner

If I'm wrong Im sure someone will point it out, but those are the ones that we are doing. Not sure about in or out of the country, Dagboy is here in Australia but he is on a 4 year work visa. Someone else will probably know alot more .

This is correct - hubby has applied under the spouse visa, he's a Brit and I was born in Oz to British parents. You can apply in any country I think, we applied in the USA although neither of us are US citizens. Don't know what you mean about skipping the first stage of the visa but I think if you have been married less than 5 years the spouse only gets a temp residency visa then after two years applies to be made a perm resident.

Hope this helps, Wannabe Wallaby
Old Sep 15th 2003, 2:16 pm
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by WannabeWallaby
This is correct - hubby has applied under the spouse visa, he's a Brit and I was born in Oz to British parents. You can apply in any country I think, we applied in the USA although neither of us are US citizens. Don't know what you mean about skipping the first stage of the visa but I think if you have been married less than 5 years the spouse only gets a temp residency visa then after two years applies to be made a perm resident.

Hope this helps, Wannabe Wallaby
Not sure about the 2 year waiting period, although I know citizenship takes about 2 years from permanent residency, I believe?
Old Sep 15th 2003, 9:28 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Most of what they need is in form 1127 available from www.immi.gov.au/allforms.

They will need the forms above plus more outlined in the booklet.

The applicant will have to go through medical and police checks.

If at time of application the relationship is over 5 years old permanent residency will be granted on successfull application. If the couple have a child I think the time period is reduced to 2 years.

From reading the immigration forum it seems easier to apply abroad rather than on a visitors visa within OZ. On application in OZ the applicant will be given a bridging visa with the same work rights as the applicants current visa. Bridging visas have limited travel capabilities.

The couple will have to obtain at least 2 statutory declarations from people who can verify the nature of the relationship. australian residents can use form 888. People outside of Australia must conform to the statutory declarations law of the country of residence.

On the immigration forum there are people who have been asked for more eveidence. The main reason appears to be one halves parent unwilling to do a stat dec. I don't know what the final outcomes have been.

Applications in London made by native English speakers do not to get asked for an assurance of support as much as elsewhere (no idea about US and other English speaking countries).

Anyway get them to read booklet 1127 and to come back with questions.
Old Sep 15th 2003, 9:46 pm

Not sure about the 2 year waiting period, although I know citizenship takes about 2 years from permanent residency, I believe?
If the relationship is under 5 years old at time of application then a temporary residency visa will be issued on a successful decision. 2 years after original application a decision will be made regarding permanent residence. In my case 3 months before the decision was due I was sent a letter from DIMIA outlining the requirments.

Eg apply in UK 1 July 2002, granted visa 1 Nov 2002, letter from DIMIA 1 April 2004 and a decision will be made 1 July 2004.
Old Sep 15th 2003, 10:19 pm
Rocket Scientist

Originally posted by bondipom
If the relationship is under 5 years old at time of application then a temporary residency visa will be issued on a successful decision. 2 years after original application a decision will be made regarding permanent residence. In my case 3 months before the decision was due I was sent a letter from DIMIA outlining the requirments.

Eg apply in UK 1 July 2002, granted visa 1 Nov 2002, letter from DIMIA 1 April 2004 and a decision will be made 1 July 2004.
Thanx BondiPom, now Im even more confused about some things
, will have to check into it further.
Old Sep 16th 2003, 1:36 am

Thanx BondiPom, now Im even more confused about some things
, will have to check into it further.
Read booklet 1127 and then ask the questions. It seems a lot simpler than what skilled visa people went through. I was confused at the start of the process and had no idea about this forum.

I am near the 2 years now which is why I did some research and discovered all of you. The final stage seemed much easier but only through practise.