Spouse Points

Old Aug 4th 2006, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

Sun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really nice
Default Spouse Points

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help. A friend of ours is trying to apply for a PR visa and is a screen printer. He only has 115 points and therefore will need to gain 5 points off his spouse to qualify for the visa. His spouse's skills come under office manager which is only 40 points. As long as she passes the Vetassess skills assessment at 40 points and qualifies for age, language etc. will she be eligible for the 5 additional spouse points to go under his visa points?

Basically I want to find out what she has to have to get the 5 additional spouse points. She is 36 and would only get 40 points for her skills so would be no where near the 120 point mark for the visa and I just want to check that as long as she gets a positive skills assessment, that she would qualify for the 5 additional spouse points.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old Aug 4th 2006, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

BPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant future
Default Re: Spouse Points

Not an expert, but I thought you get 5 points for spouse skills if the occupation was on the list. Obviously you would have to do the skills assessment and prove you have been working in this position
Old Aug 4th 2006, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

Sun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really nice

Originally Posted by BPadhiar
Not an expert, but I thought you get 5 points for spouse skills if the occupation was on the list. Obviously you would have to do the skills assessment and prove you have been working in this position
Thanks BPadhiar, I am hoping that is the case. I think it must be otherwise they would specify that you have to have over a certain amount or points. I guess they will just have to go for it and see.
Old Aug 5th 2006, 3:02 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sun n Surf
As long as she passes the Vetassess skills assessment at 40 points and qualifies for age, language etc. will she be eligible for the 5 additional spouse points to go under his visa points?

Not enough, sorry. ALL the basic requirements must be met, including recent skilled work experience. Skilled Migration Booklet has the details.
Old Aug 5th 2006, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

dade is just really nicedade is just really nicedade is just really nicedade is just really nicedade is just really nicedade is just really nicedade is just really nicedade is just really nicedade is just really nicedade is just really nicedade is just really nice

Hiya

My husband is the main applicant and we also need the 5 spouse points to get to 120 points. We don't have our visa yet but have just done medicals so hopefully that means we're on the right path.

It doesn't matter that her occupation is only 40 points, as long as it's on that list of occupations (whatever it's called) and she gets a positive assessment from VETASSESS. My occupation was only 50 points. She does however have to provide evidence that she has been employed, full time, in that occupation for the 2 years prior to their application. She must also be below 45 years, which you say she is and must be of good character (will need police clearance) and be healthy (will need to undergo medicals). From memory, I think thoe are the requirements for the spouse points. It doesn't matter that she wouldn't meet 120 points if she were the main applicant. I wouldn't either.
Old Aug 7th 2006, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks so much guys, I will let them know.