Reload this Page >

Spouse on independent skilled visa application

Spouse on independent skilled visa application

Old Dec 7th 2002, 11:44 am
Testing

Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse on independent skilled visa application

Hi,

I've nearly finished filling in the visa application - skilled independent with myself as the main application and my fiance and the second one.

We've been living together for two years and will be getting married next August - venue booked etc. DO I need to include details of the wedding, copies of the paperwork etc? I can't see anything on the form or in the guidance notes with says I do but as I'll be 35 in February I want to get this right first time.

Also, the form I'm using was downloaded in August - and last time I logged in here there were rumours that the forms would change in November. Did this happen, and if so do I need to re-download or will my current form be OK?

Thanks,

Paul
Old Dec 7th 2002, 2:32 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse on independent skilled visa application

> We've been living together for two years and will be getting
> married next August - venue booked etc. DO I need to
> include details of the wedding, copies of the paperwork
> etc?

There's no harm in including these documents. You'll have to indicate your engagement date in Form 47SK. You'll also have to send a completed Form 1022 Change of Circumstances when you're married.

You should also be aware that if you have lived with your girlfriend for two years, you can generally include her in your application as your de-facto spouse.

> Also, the form I'm using was downloaded in August - and last
> time I logged in here there were rumours that the forms would
> change in November. Did this happen, and if so do I need to
> re-download or will my current form be OK?

Yes, the forms have changed, and so has the Skilled Migration Booklet, which, AFAIK, now include some new instructions for you to follow. I would suggest that you download the newest version of the booklet (for a mere AUD$10), which will include the newest application forms as well.

Peter
Old Dec 7th 2002, 9:39 pm
Testing

Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks Peter.

Paul
Old Dec 10th 2002, 5:03 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse on independent skilled visa application

Paul,

I looked back at what I wrote and just want to add that at least 12 months of cohabitation is needed to prove the de-facto relationship.

I was just reading my previous statement and it might have implied that it's a 2-year cohabitation period instead of a 1-year period.

Peter

Originally posted by ptlabs
> We've been living together for two years ...

You should also be aware that if you have lived with your girlfriend for two years, you can generally include her in your application as your de-facto spouse.