Spouse????

Old Mar 24th 2006, 11:08 am
Just Joined

jools79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse????

Hi i was wondering if anyone can help me. My boyfriend is applying for independant skill visa and putting my details on the form. It says we have to provide evidence of our relationship, what exactly are they looking? We have lived together for 9 years and have 2 children, but we have never married, dont have joint bank accounts and the mortgage is in his name only. Any advice?
Old Mar 24th 2006, 11:38 am
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse????

Interested too

Originally Posted by jools79
Hi i was wondering if anyone can help me. My boyfriend is applying for independant skill visa and putting my details on the form. It says we have to provide evidence of our relationship, what exactly are they looking? We have lived together for 9 years and have 2 children, but we have never married, dont have joint bank accounts and the mortgage is in his name only. Any advice?
Old Mar 24th 2006, 12:27 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jools79
Proof you live together - bills to the same address, children's birth certificates, photos, anything that links the two of you to the same address and life. Stat decs from friends and family confirming you are a couple, how they see the relationship - all that sort of thing
Old Mar 24th 2006, 1:47 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Proof you live together - bills to the same address, children's birth certificates, photos, anything that links the two of you to the same address and life. Stat decs from friends and family confirming you are a couple, how they see the relationship - all that sort of thing
Yes, how about an anniversary card, or birthday card, pics of your chldren, declarations from friends.

My hub and I have been together 12 years but still found it difficult to provide evidence we live together as such. We still have separate bank accounts.

In the actual spouse visa there is an opportunity for you to write a declaration about your relationship ... where and when you met, how it works, how you share the responsibilities etc. Check it out. I put my visa app in and I think it was probably our three children (I sent pictures!) and our declarations about life together that would have convinced them.
There must be an element of 'comfort' that you get after living together a long time which the immi people recognise ...
Old Mar 24th 2006, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

demigrate is an unknown quantity at this point

We were in a similar position, although we did have a joint bank account together. We have a baby together but the mortgage was in my name as were many of the bills. We were recommended to get Stat Decs from relatives, friends and a joint one from us for how we met, how we share responsibilities etc. Also if you don't have a will then get a will pack from WHSmiths and write wills naming the other half as the beneficiary. Bills to the same address. From what you have written you will have no problems. We were only together for 2 years when we applied, living together for just over a year and our visa came no problem.

Darren