Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

spouse 2nd stage

Wikiposts

spouse 2nd stage

Old Dec 31st 2004, 12:58 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: spouse 2nd stage

To further confuse things, I have had two lovely bits of advice from the famous DIMIA helpline - we are hoping to go to the UK for three weeks near the end of next year, before I get the Spouse PR visa.
First phone call - If I return to the UK AT ALL, I will need a new UK police check.
Second phone call - As long as I don't stay there longer than 6 months, I don't need a police check!

I think I'll get one just to be on the safe side!
Old Dec 31st 2004, 5:36 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bondipom
Nope I got a 309 at the London AHC and got myself a 100 last November. I was asked to inform DIMIA of any overseas trips. I was in the UK when the decision was due and informed DIMIA of that. With that info they delayed the grant to the first weekday after I returned from holiday. For me it is rather irrelevant now.

Maybe it was to stop me travelling on an inoperative visa. Maybe if one was oversas longer and able to get to an Australian embassy/HC then the visa could be granted whilst offshore.
It's clearly stated in the Regulations that the subclass 100 visa can be granted either onshore or offshore.

But a visa granted offshore must be evidenced offshore (as your 309 was ceased as soon as the 100 was granted, hence you'd have needed the visa label to travel) - delaying the grant saved you the drama of having to let the Royal Mail take possession of your passport to and from the AHC London. But if the DIMIA case officer thought the 100 had to be granted onshore legally, that's incorrect.

Jeremy
Old Mar 19th 2005, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

bappi075 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: spouse 2nd stage

How is going every one . DIMIA contacted me and ask me to send some more information regarding my PR(FINAL STAGE SPOUSE 309). I have send the application package with necessary information . I was wondering if any one knows how long it normally take now a days to process the final stage for PR in provisional spouse(309) ground .

Thank you
Old Mar 19th 2005, 7:19 pm
Sydneysider and lovin it!

Dinky is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by bappi075
How is going every one . DIMIA contacted me and ask me to send some more information regarding my PR(FINAL STAGE SPOUSE 309). I have send the application package with necessary information . I was wondering if any one knows how long it normally take now a days to process the final stage for PR in provisional spouse(309) ground .

Thank you
What did they ask you for Bappi? I sent mine off about two weeks ago. My grant date was 21st March 2003 so I hope it's any day now!

Dinky
Old Mar 19th 2005, 8:17 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, what further info did they ask you for??
Old Mar 19th 2005, 8:43 pm
Just Joined

Red face Re: spouse 2nd stage

DIMIA sent me a letter stating My application for permanent residency is in final stage and they ask me to fill some form , 2 state dec 888 , police clearance , chracter assessment form and evidence of relationship etc . I sent those forms with other evidence last week , I was wondering how long it is gonne take to process my application to become PR , if anyone been through this process shortly .
Old Mar 19th 2005, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

Question Re: spouse 2nd stage

How do you know that your grant date is 21 st march. Is there any way we can calculate when the applicant can be granted PR .is it 2 yrs anneversary from the lodgement date of application ?
Old Mar 20th 2005, 9:06 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

The decision is due 2 years from date of application, not temp visa grant or landing date. DIMIA do not grant PR before that date. I received my forms 3 months before the due date and sent them off 2 weeks later. I was granted PR the first day back from holiday after the due date.
Old Mar 20th 2005, 9:23 am
Sydneysider and lovin it!

Dinky is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by bondipom
The decision is due 2 years from date of application, not temp visa grant or landing date. DIMIA do not grant PR before that date. I received my forms 3 months before the due date and sent them off 2 weeks later. I was granted PR the first day back from holiday after the due date.
You're right BP, I should have stated that the 21st is two years after the visa was placed in my passport. The fact I arrived in Australia some 8 months later was irrelivant. Iwas asked to complete the same documents as others, appeared quite straight forward but lets see! Today is the 21st so I'll check the post very carefully when I get home tonight!

Dinky
Old Mar 20th 2005, 10:22 am
Just Joined

DInky,
My decision date was 25 th of february and I received the letter 25 th of february .I had to wait for my Australian Police clearance and I sent off all the necessary paper on 19 th of march .

I dont think Dimia care when is the applicants decision date .I dont know how they work ... It seems like they dont do a good job .LAZY BUSTERD
Old Mar 20th 2005, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by bappi075
DInky,
My decision date was 25 th of february and I received the letter 25 th of february .I had to wait for my Australian Police clearance and I sent off all the necessary paper on 19 th of march .

I dont think Dimia care when is the applicants decision date .I dont know how they work ... It seems like they dont do a good job .LAZY BUSTERD
Which office was that? Final stages apps are handled by the local office. The standard of the CO seems to be pot luck.
Old Mar 20th 2005, 12:51 pm
Just Joined

Angry Re: spouse 2nd stage

Brisbane Office .
Old Mar 20th 2005, 9:47 pm
Just Joined

DInky ,

You stated that 21 st of march 2003 they stamped visa in your passport ...Can you remember when did you lodge the application ..
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 5:46 pm
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Just for info (specifically my own, but also for anyone else in the same position as myself) - Can anyone who has successfully applied for the defacto visa onshore confirm or deny that they keep the same case officer throeughout the application i.e. will it be most likely that the same person assesses both the first and second stage??

kind regards
NJJ
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by NJJ
Just for info (specifically my own, but also for anyone else in the same position as myself) - Can anyone who has successfully applied for the defacto visa onshore confirm or deny that they keep the same case officer throeughout the application i.e. will it be most likely that the same person assesses both the first and second stage??

kind regards
NJJ
For the second stage I had a different CO at the end of the process than the one at the start of the process. CO musical chairs seems to be a regular game at DIMIA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.