Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Spouse’s work experience to meet a basic requirements

Spouse’s work experience to meet a basic requirements

Old Jun 9th 2004, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

LaserDance is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse’s work experience to meet a basic requirements

I’m planning to apply for a Skilled Independent visa. After preliminary calculations I seed that I’m getting 120 points, but to be sure I’d like to get extra 5 points bonus for a spouse. To get these points my wife should meet basic requirements of Age, English language, Qualifications, Nominated occupation and Recent work experience.
While it’s all quite clear with Age and English language requirements the last three requirements seems to be interconnected and I can’t understand – is my spouse meets these requirements or not.
My spouse has a university diploma assessed by VETTASSESS as “Social Professional�.
(50 points occupation). She was working in this occupation for a year just after she graduated from university. After that my spouse got a new job as a Record Manager and been working in this position for about a 1 year and 10 months. That means that nominated occupation is “Social Professional� but a work experience is different from the nominated occupation.
DIMIA states “if you nominated occupation is worth 40 or 50 points you must provide evidence that you have been in paid employment in a skilled occupation (any occupation listed on the form 1121i) for at least 2 years of the 3 years immediately before you apply.�
Does that means that nominated occupation can be (partly – because my spouse still have 1 year of work experience in occupation she has qualification in)different from the assessed quialification or not ?
Old Jun 9th 2004, 9:02 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse’s work experience to meet a basic requirements

Originally posted by LaserDance
I’m planning to apply for a Skilled Independent visa. After preliminary calculations I seed that I’m getting 120 points, but to be sure I’d like to get extra 5 points bonus for a spouse.
That's just being greedy
Sorry I can't help with your original question but couldn't help responding to that bit
Old Jun 9th 2004, 9:04 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

For spouse skill points, work experience must be in a skilled occupation - not necessarily the same one as the nominated occupation.

It's ok to combine two different occupations for work experience, but you need to be very clear they are both on the skilled occupations list. And that a total of two years in the three years before application is obtained.

Adelaide are on the lookout for claims that work experience is in a skilled occupation when really it's in a related semi-skilled or clerical occupation - they will not accept that for migration purpose.

The claim for spouse skill points must be made at time of application and a nominated occupation selected - Adelaide will not accept later claims.

Jeremy

Originally posted by LaserDance

Does that means that nominated occupation can be (partly – because my spouse still have 1 year of work experience in occupation she has qualification in)different from the assessed quialification or not ?
Old Jun 9th 2004, 9:48 pm
Just Joined

LaserDance is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by JAJ
For spouse skill points, work experience must be in a skilled occupation - not necessarily the same one as the nominated occupation.

It's ok to combine two different occupations for work experience, but you need to be very clear they are both on the skilled occupations list. And that a total of two years in the three years before application is obtained.

Adelaide are on the lookout for claims that work experience is in a skilled occupation when really it's in a related semi-skilled or clerical occupation - they will not accept that for migration purpose.

The claim for spouse skill points must be made at time of application and a nominated occupation selected - Adelaide will not accept later claims.

Jeremy
Thank you JAJ. As I've mentioned both occupations - "Social professional (not else where classified )" (2529-78) and "Record Manager" (2229-13) are 50 points SOL occupations. Does that means - that my spouse work exp. (1 year + 1.8 year) is ok and meets Adelaide's requirements ?