Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Spousal Visa /Australia - offshore

Spousal Visa /Australia - offshore

Old Oct 5th 2001, 1:31 am
Forum Regular

mozz48 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone ,
Just posting some good news My wife received a letter last night from the Australian High Commission in Pretoria , South Africa advising her to present her passport at her earliest convenience so they could stamp the visa class 309 on it
Our application was posted on 10/07/2001 approximately 12 weeks ago I dont think the process will take too much longer
To Allan Collett Thanks for your time We appreciate any advice we can receive There have been a number of postings on this site in the past few days about using an Immigration agent or not Our main piece of advice regardless of using an agent or not is to have your case very well documented and have an excellent presentation
Remember your life and the lives of your partners etc are in the hands of a total stanger If you make it easy for that stranger it makes it easier on YOU

Regards Gerard
Old Oct 5th 2001, 1:51 am
Alan Collett

Gerard,

Well done! Hope to see you soon!

Alan C alan-at-gomatilda-dot-com www.gomatilda.com

mozz48 wrote in message ...

Hi Everyone , Just posting some good news My wife received a letter last night
from the Australian High Commission in Pretoria , South Africa advising her to
present her passport at her earliest convenience so they could stamp the visa
class 309 on it Our application was posted on 10/07/2001 approximately 12 weeks
ago I dont think the process will take too much longer To Allan Collett Thanks for
your time We appreciate any advice we can receive There have been a number of
postings on this site in the past few days about using an Immigration agent or not
Our main piece of advice regardless of using an agent or not is to have your case
very well documented and have an excellent presentation Remember your life and the
lives of your partners etc are in the hands of a total stanger If you make it easy
for that stranger it makes it easier on YOU

Regards Gerard

--

Old Oct 5th 2001, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

mozz48 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Allan It only gets better My wife took her passport in to the Australian High Commission office this morning They told her to come back next Wednesday This afternoon she got a phone call at work advising her that the passport was waiting to be picked up We cant believe it 11 weeks 3 days from when the application was posted In 3 weeks time we will be embarking on our life together