Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

a sportsman's comments on the gang rape

a sportsman's comments on the gang rape

Old Mar 4th 2004, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

wombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to all
Default a sportsman's comments on the gang rape

did anyone watch the news broadcast on some aussie sportsman commenting that with 4 gang rapists ......the Canterbury (i think that was the team?) team of footballers would be a more formidable side?!?!?!?!

AS IF RAPE IS AN INDICATION OF STRENGTH AND GOOD SPORTS SKILLS??????

NO

Rape is for WEAK, PATHETIC men who are trying to obtain a sense of POWER over a helpless individual.

These men ARE NOT STRONG. They are WEAK.

the guy who made that comment is a f**king idiot.
Old Mar 4th 2004, 10:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

couldnt have put it better myself

arlene
Old Mar 4th 2004, 10:05 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: a sportsman's comments on the gang rape

Originally posted by wombatboy
did anyone watch the news broadcast on some aussie sportsman commenting that with 4 gang rapists ......the Canterbury (i think that was the team?) team of footballers would be a more formidable side?!?!?!?!
Was it not the Sydney bulldogs?
Didn't see the report though, a very wrong thing to say though. very wrong
Old Mar 4th 2004, 10:09 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

What a w*nker
Old Mar 4th 2004, 10:10 pm
WBB

seems these sportsmen cant keep it in their pants.

Old Mar 4th 2004, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

wombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to all
Default okay...calming down now....

.....i'll go and make a cup of tea.
Old Mar 4th 2004, 10:57 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by hevs
Was it not the Sydney bulldogs?
Sydney Bulldogs = Canterbury Bulldogs. New name.

I dont know who made the comment, but whoever it was needs shooting.
Old Mar 4th 2004, 11:00 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Sydney Bulldogs = Canterbury Bulldogs. New name.
I could think of a few other new names for them
Old Mar 4th 2004, 11:08 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

It was a lame joke....

"St George, they won 11 premierships with one Raper. Imagine how many Canterbury will win."

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/...378911504.html
Old Mar 4th 2004, 11:11 pm
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Newcastle, Leister city, bulldogs
whatever next,
Still I hear Stan Collymore is looking for a team.....
Old Mar 4th 2004, 11:19 pm
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by renth
It was a lame joke....

"St George, they won 11 premierships with one Raper. Imagine how many Canterbury will win."

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/...378911504.html
Renth, ahhhhhh ok, NOW I get the pun, it was a reference to John Raper. I dont think anything about rape can be taken as a joke, bad BAD taste.

Someone spank him & send him to his room!
Old Mar 5th 2004, 6:10 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks like they heard you Mrs DB

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...5E2702,00.html

Lockyer faces $10,000 fine for gaffe
By Chris Stedman, Martin Chulov and Drew Warne-Smith
March 05, 2004

AUSTRALIAN rugby league Test captain Darren Lockyer faces a fine of up to $10,000 for bringing the game into disrepute after telling a joke about the Bulldogs rape scandal at a corporate lunch yesterday.

Lockyer stunned more than 500 guests at Brisbane's Sheraton Hotel when he told a joke about the Bulldogs and legendary St George footballer Johnny Raper.

Lockyer told the function: "You know, St George, they won 11 premierships with one Raper, imagine how many Canterbury are going to win."
Old Mar 5th 2004, 6:37 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Is he not the Aussie captain??? Not for much longer I guess if he is.
Old Mar 5th 2004, 6:40 am
Rocket Scientist

I can see now that it was done as a joke, but god, that shows poor taste. Very very surprised to find out it was Darren Lockyer as well, very bad judgement on his part to say it.
Old Mar 5th 2004, 6:42 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by renth
It was a lame joke....

I heard a discussion on the radio that raised a very interesting point in that how many people laughed at jokes about things like Michael Jackson and the Shuttle disasters, paedophilia (spelling?)and death. Where is the boundry?

Rape is a dispicable crime but are not sex crimes against children equally bad if not worse?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.