Sports shoes

Old Jun 28th 2007, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

LauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really nice
Default Sports shoes

I've been searching on the internet and it seems that sneakers/trainers are really expensive in Aus.

Is RebelSport really expensive or is that roughly what these kind of shoes cost in Aus?

Should I stock up here and bring a bunch over with me?
Old Jun 28th 2007, 2:11 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sports shoes

Originally Posted by LauraC
I've been searching on the internet and it seems that sneakers/trainers are really expensive in Aus.

Is RebelSport really expensive or is that roughly what these kind of shoes cost in Aus?

They are all made in China anyway......buy them where they are cheapest.

G
Old Jun 28th 2007, 2:14 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

All footwear is expensive. 3/4 of the shoes sold here are thongs (if you must wear shoes) so it is a niche market for anything else.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 2:15 pm
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute

You are correct, there are a few things that are more difficult to get at a reasonable price in australia and shoes/trainers are one of them!

I'm an Australian thats been living in the UK for 3 years - one thing I'll take back with me is some nice trainers!
Old Jun 28th 2007, 2:16 pm
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, thats another thing

I tend not to wear shoes most of the time except for work etc

so they last a lot longer!!!!1
Old Jun 28th 2007, 2:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

LauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really nice

Originally Posted by AndyR1976
You are correct, there are a few things that are more difficult to get at a reasonable price in australia and shoes/trainers are one of them!

I'm an Australian thats been living in the UK for 3 years - one thing I'll take back with me is some nice trainers!
I'm going to have to stock up on trainers then. I'm a gym instructor, I need them for work.

When I'm not wearing them, believe me, I'll be wearing thongs!
Old Jun 28th 2007, 2:20 pm
Aussie lost in the UK

NO NO NO LAURA,

BARE FEET!!

NOT THoNGS - they are for special occassions (weddings and such ans such)
Old Jun 28th 2007, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

NO NO NO LAURA,

BARE FEET!!

Old Jun 28th 2007, 2:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

NO NO NO LAURA,

BARE FEET!!

Oh right! Bare feet it is then

Damn, I guess I being fancy-schmancy wanting to wear thongs to go to the shops.

Don't you think it's funny how thongs are footwear in Aus but underwear in the UK?
Old Jun 28th 2007, 3:41 pm
Aussie lost in the UK

I have been in the UK for three years now so there are a lot of terms of have dropped from my vocubulary and a lot of new ones I have picked up!

thongs means something different,

I don't say 'fairdinkum' any more.

Nor do I say 'how you goin?'

You'll do the same when you go to Aust! We'll turn you into a proper Aussie if its the last thing we do!!
Old Jun 28th 2007, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

You'll do the same when you go to Aust! We'll turn you into a proper Aussie if its the last thing we do!!
I already am a proper Aussie!

I've been in England since I was 9 and apparently I still have a bit of my accent.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 9:33 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to have to stock up on trainers then. I'm a gym instructor, I need them for work.

When I'm not wearing them, believe me, I'll be wearing thongs!
The Bloke gets my sister to buy for him at Brantanos, and then gets them shipped over - cheaper than buying here.
Old Jun 29th 2007, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

goingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to all

You can get trainers and cheap sportswear delivered to Aus from sportsworld.com, i have already looked into this for my son who is sports mad.

Not sure if it works out cheaper once you add the delivery costs, because we are not there yet to compare prices, maybe you can let me know?
Old Jun 29th 2007, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by goingozwards2007
You can get trainers and cheap sportswear delivered to Aus from sportsworld.com, i have already looked into this for my son who is sports mad.

Not sure if it works out cheaper once you add the delivery costs, because we are not there yet to compare prices, maybe you can let me know?
I'm not going to Aus until about September time. When I was looking on RebelSports website the cheapest trainers I found were $99.99, about £40.

I checked sportsworlds website and after much rummaging around found the prices for shipping to Australia. I've put the rough Australian dollar price next to the £.

1 item = £6 ($15)
2 items = £10 ($25)
3 items = £14 ($33)
4 items = £17 ($40)

High value order
£39 ($92)

Quite frankly I think it would be cheaper to get what you can here and then ship it over. I had no idea at the price these goods could be.