Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sports online orders from Uk - best sites/shops?

Sports online orders from Uk - best sites/shops?

Old Feb 27th 2012, 10:26 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sports online orders from Uk - best sites/shops?

ah.......okaaaaay. Must of been an Arsenal shirt!
Old Feb 28th 2012, 7:49 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
If you can get them to deliver. I tried twice.

Both times they just inexplicably cancelled the order without even a courtesy email to let me know.

Seems they have an issue with some overseas orders. Used my credit card, in my name with delivery to the billing address.

Won't bother ever trying again.
I've ordered several times with them. No problems this side. Are you sure you haven't got a dodgy credit card?
Old Feb 28th 2012, 9:59 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
I've ordered several times with them. No problems this side. Are you sure you haven't got a dodgy credit card?
MIne has gone through today, paid by Paypal. All gone through so far and fully receipted......lets hope hey!
Old Mar 1st 2012, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

Davesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to all

Yep just ordered some gear from there . Five pound delivery and some of the sale items on there are very cheap .
Old Mar 6th 2012, 10:23 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

Originally Posted by paddyo
MIne has gone through today, paid by Paypal. All gone through so far and fully receipted......lets hope hey!
All arrived this morning so thats a good turnaround.
Old Apr 6th 2012, 2:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Chortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of light

O.K just tried to order from a shop called sportshoes.com - based in UK with 15 quid delivery. spent ages on my order, came to 163.97 quid. Went to pay (on UK card from UK bank) and it wouldn't take an Australian address. So changed to AUD and the price of my order turned to $311.54. I actually got a bit excited and thought something had happened to the exchange rate without me noticing so checked on XE and my charge should have been in the region of $251.80 I've emailed them telling them I think their currency converter is up the spout, but I reckon it could just be the 'Lets take the pi$$ out the Australian's' surcharge popping up again
Old Apr 6th 2012, 2:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chortlepuss
O.K just tried to order from a shop called sportshoes.com - based in UK with 15 quid delivery. spent ages on my order, came to 163.97 quid. Went to pay (on UK card from UK bank) and it wouldn't take an Australian address. So changed to AUD and the price of my order turned to $311.54. I actually got a bit excited and thought something had happened to the exchange rate without me noticing so checked on XE and my charge should have been in the region of $251.80 I've emailed them telling them I think their currency converter is up the spout, but I reckon it could just be the 'Lets take the pi$$ out the Australian's' surcharge popping up again
Ive just checked on Asics trainers I need. Soon as I pressed the AU$ button the price jumped to way higher than it should.

Finding Asics must have told US shops not to send overseas. As used to buy from Amazon.com but now they wont ship out of US.

Gems
Old Apr 6th 2012, 2:45 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chortlepuss
But I thought it was only Australian companies that ripped people off?

Why bother with websites that try and pull this shite? Most don't so use them instead.
Old Apr 6th 2012, 6:46 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

I usually go with JD Sports, but a friend of mine is hooked on EastBay - good luck!
Old Apr 6th 2012, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

Chris N Lora will become famous soon enoughChris N Lora will become famous soon enough

sportsdirect.com are a good place,the items are a bit older than up to date stuff in the UK but more up to date than u will get over here.

I must admit i find the clothing standards very poor here!!!

dont even go there for trainers and shoes.
Old Apr 8th 2012, 11:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of light

Went with wiggle and they processed the order O.K. Will still be interested in the explanation though!
Old Apr 14th 2012, 3:14 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
If you can get them to deliver. I tried twice.

Both times they just inexplicably cancelled the order without even a courtesy email to let me know.

Seems they have an issue with some overseas orders. Used my credit card, in my name with delivery to the billing address.

Won't bother ever trying again.
I've just been given a possible explaination for them cancelling your orders twice without telling you. They did the same with my latest order. I telephoned them to ask why and they said it was because they tried to telephone me to verify some information but they couldn't reach me so they just cancelled it. It's unprofessional of them to cancel without having the courtesy to explain why via email, but it seems that's the way they operate.
Old Apr 14th 2012, 4:43 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alexswift
I have used these people for 10+ years and they have shipped to me in everywhere that I have worked away from home.

I got TWO pairs of Saucony including the $25 shipping for 105 pounds all up Vs $190 locally for ONE pair.

http://www.sportsshoes.com/

My last order was placed on a Friday morning and Tuesday morning I had them here in Sydney, would have been Monday but customs don't work the weekend..

Alex
Cheers Alex

Just bought 2 x pairs of cross trainers (Saucony and Nike) for my son and myself for $110.00.

Free delivery to Australia if paying in $'s.
Old Apr 14th 2012, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

Butterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Gems
Ive just checked on Asics trainers I need. Soon as I pressed the AU$ button the price jumped to way higher than it should.

Finding Asics must have told US shops not to send overseas. As used to buy from Amazon.com but now they wont ship out of US.

Gems
Better tell my husband so he can stock up on them before we leave the UK then
Old Apr 15th 2012, 2:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

I've bought quite a few things from here. Seem cheap enough

http://www.foxsoccershop.com/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.