PortJackson is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sports in Melbourne

Originally Posted by caz41
What are the main sports in melbourne my son is a huge fan of football and
rugby?
answered in your other post
Old Oct 7th 2004, 7:29 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

rugby?
Bit of everything Caz, mainly Aussie Rules & Cricket but you can certainly find football or Soccer as its known here & rugby.
Old Oct 7th 2004, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

caz41 will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Sports in Melbourne

Originally Posted by Bordy
Bit of everything Caz, mainly Aussie Rules & Cricket but you can certainly find football or Soccer as its known here & rugby.
Thanks for that bordy
Old Oct 7th 2004, 10:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

rugby?
Do you mean he enjoys watching it or playing it? Victorian soccer federation is a great organisation to join if he wants to be in a team.
http://brightonjsc.soccervictoria.or...tors=&torn=788 this will give you a feel for the type of things they do. There are teams all over Victoria.
Old Oct 7th 2004, 11:56 pm
Forum Regular

jodesmc will become famous soon enoughjodesmc will become famous soon enough

Basketball is also a very popular game amongst the kids
Old Oct 8th 2004, 1:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

Footie. footie, footie and cricket in the summer. Rugby is really not taken too seriously unfortunately but it is in the rest of Aus (if you enjoy watching international games, I would recommend getting foxtel as 'free to air' is useless in the winter with anything other than....footie). If he enjoys soccer then he may enjoy footie too. Melbourne is generally sports mad though, at the moment we are in 'horse racing fever' given that it's the Melbourne cup soon and then that will be followed by The Australian Open tennis and the Davis Cup and finally the Melbourne Gran Prix.
Old Oct 8th 2004, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

BenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond repute

As well as being able to enjoy watching AFL games and rugby, and hopefully finding a soccer team for a but of a kick about, I am really looking forward to playing some of the fantastic golf courses in the Melbourne area. My list at the moment includes Royal Melbourne, Moonah Links and Cranbourne. Any Melbourne based golfers care to add to my list ?

We haven't actually got the visa yet, we are waiting for the request to place the bond. Once we get that, expect to see a lot more posts relating to sports in the Melbourne area from me, especially ones trying to arrange a round of golf, and of course a few
Old Oct 8th 2004, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BenandPam
As well as being able to enjoy watching AFL games and rugby, and hopefully finding a soccer team for a but of a kick about, I am really looking forward to playing some of the fantastic golf courses in the Melbourne area. My list at the moment includes Royal Melbourne, Moonah Links and Cranbourne. Any Melbourne based golfers care to add to my list ?

We haven't actually got the visa yet, we are waiting for the request to place the bond. Once we get that, expect to see a lot more posts relating to sports in the Melbourne area from me, especially ones trying to arrange a round of golf, and of course a few
My husband's idea of heaven is golf, work a few hours and golf. He's planning to send me to work and him retiring.....might see you on a Melbourne golf course one day