Wikiposts

sport sport

Old Sep 4th 2003, 12:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by tennisoz
On the subject of Australian obsession with sport, I loved the sign at the Davis Cup match between Australia and Britain in Sydney. It went something like 'The Poms used to come here over 200 years ago to get flogged ..... nothing's changed!!' The sign will probably reappear for the Rugby World Cup. I also liked the Mt Philippoussis, formerly Henman Hill sign at Wimbledon.

I love my sport so I won't enter the debate other than to say, so what, if you don't like it do something else - get a life. Perhaps rather than be obsessed with sport young Australians should behave like millions of Brits who invade places like Falariki each year? Someone said Britain has an obsession with the past and that is the case in sport - how many times is 1966, Fred Perry etc trotted out?

TennisOz
What is your sport?
Old Sep 4th 2003, 2:09 am
tennisoz

Originally posted by Wilf
What is your sport?
Aussie Rules.

TennisOz