sport in oz

Old Sep 28th 2005, 7:14 am
Just Joined

mel n jay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default sport in oz

just wondered my son enjoys his sport especially his cricket can anyone give me any info on how much time is spent on kids at school regarding sports and do any of you out there have kids in any sports clubs outside of school?
Old Sep 28th 2005, 7:17 am
Coogee Rocks

Default Re: sport in oz

Originally Posted by mel n jay
just wondered my son enjoys his sport especially his cricket can anyone give me any info on how much time is spent on kids at school regarding sports and do any of you out there have kids in any sports clubs outside of school?
Sport is MASSSSSSive here..sport in schoolls in MASSSSive load of clubs.. its probably the biggest thing you'll noice about aus - sports mad, fantastic facilities.. unless you plan to live in the red centre.

Old Sep 28th 2005, 7:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Kids do 2X 45 min lessons of PE at school.

For kids most sports are on saturdays and sometimes sundays, prices are about $150 to sign up for cricket then equipment, uniforms, insurance etc, and parents are expected to join in the canteen, driving to fixtures etc, practice is in the week after school. Other stuff at stadiums like basket ball indoor cricket you pay each week, one son is doing archery thats about $30 a week, swimming about $10 a lesson, cheaper for school lessons which they do one term a year. Footy prices similar to cricket they would be the cheaper sports, tennis I think is about $15 a lesson.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 7:30 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Coogee Rocks
Sport is MASSSSSSive here..sport in schoolls in MASSSSive load of clubs.. its probably the biggest thing you'll noice about aus - sports mad, fantastic facilities.. unless you plan to live in the red centre.
what is the red centre?
Old Sep 28th 2005, 7:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

what is the red centre?
It's the sort of dusty land in the middle which is more accurately referred to as the brown land.

http://www.midnightoil.com/music/alb...tml#warrakurna

OzTennis
Old Sep 28th 2005, 8:47 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by OzTennis
It's the sort of dusty land in the middle which is more accurately referred to as the brown land.

http://www.midnightoil.com/music/alb...tml#warrakurna

OzTennis
gotcha!
Old Sep 28th 2005, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

pootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant future

hi - most of the kids are into sport here
mine weren't particularly sporty before
now they do soccer, floorball,(like indoor hockey) tennis, badminton & bmx
after school (one per day) for 1 1/2 hrs organised by sports centre for $2 !!!!
(not the bmx - but we have a great track the kids can use for free)
that keeps em occupied all week !!

weekends they are up the bmx track for hours on end , so i hardly get to see them!!

i think most places are the same

hth

pootle26
Old Sep 28th 2005, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future

What about Rugby!

At the moment rugby rules our live which is great.

I have began to look into rugby clubs as we are hoping to get Jack (14) involved through the summer holidays. This is because of our terrible timing of moving to Oz, just as the schools close for summer - poor boy will have no mates till Feb.
Thanks Tara
Old Sep 29th 2005, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future

bump

What about Rugby!

I have began to look into rugby clubs as we are hoping to get Jack (14) involved through the summer holidays. This is because of our terrible timing of moving to Oz, just as the schools close for summer - poor boy will have no mates till Feb.
Thanks Tara
Old Sep 29th 2005, 8:18 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

Which code ... League or Union ?

Either way, your boy will have numerous opportunities to "throw the egg" ...

Three Legs

Originally Posted by ali south
bump

What about Rugby!

Thanks Tara
Old Sep 29th 2005, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Three Legs
Which code ... League or Union ?

Either way, your boy will have numerous opportunities to "throw the egg" ...

Three Legs
Union!
Do you know if the clubs close down for a long period over the christmas season
Thanks
Tara
Old Sep 29th 2005, 8:30 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

It's hot ! but I'm sure they will continue to train.

Originally Posted by ali south
Union!
Do you know if the clubs close down for a long period over the christmas season
Thanks
Tara
Old Sep 29th 2005, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

YES i can, my son is very sporty , he loves any sport, so he fits in perfect here, they do spend a lot of time outside.
At our school they do cricket, soccer, football, basketball,tennis, golf, Tball, athletics, you name it they do it. My son also goes to cricket club, on a sunday.
He plays soccer, and they start surf club at the end of Oct. cant wait for that.
There are lots of clubs, oh and there is hocky as well but i said NO i cant keep up with it all.He isnt an only child. Denise from sunny Morecambe
Old Sep 29th 2005, 8:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cranni
YES i can, my son is very sporty , he loves any sport, so he fits in perfect here, they do spend a lot of time outside.
At our school they do cricket, soccer, football, basketball,tennis, golf, Tball, athletics, you name it they do it. My son also goes to cricket club, on a sunday.
He plays soccer, and they start surf club at the end of Oct. cant wait for that.
There are lots of clubs, oh and there is hocky as well but i said NO i cant keep up with it all.He isnt an only child. Denise from sunny Morecambe
did you look at several cricket clubs for your lad,did you go off reputation or just the nearest one to you?
Old Sep 29th 2005, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

did you look at several cricket clubs for your lad,did you go off reputation or just the nearest one to you?
NO i didnt, the club just started where we live, it is a fairly new estate.But Dale is more for soccer so we did look into that.
If your son is good at the sport im sure there will be a cricket club where you are going to, Denise