Reload this Page >

sponsorship or residency

sponsorship or residency

Old Feb 23rd 2005, 1:25 am
Just Joined

angelfish will become famous soon enough
Default sponsorship or residency

Hi
I am thinking of coming to work/live in sydney later this year and i am trying to figure out what would be easier, and more beneficial to me.
Does the tax differ if you are sponsored or are a resident? Are you tied to that company or does it depend on what conditions you entered the agreement under, and finally is it easier to apply for residency when you are here and sponsored?
thanks!
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 2:13 am
Sydney- North Shore

jjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant future
Default Re: sponsorship or residency

Originally Posted by angelfish
Hi
I am thinking of coming to work/live in sydney later this year and i am trying to figure out what would be easier, and more beneficial to me.
Does the tax differ if you are sponsored or are a resident? Are you tied to that company or does it depend on what conditions you entered the agreement under, and finally is it easier to apply for residency when you are here and sponsored?
thanks!
Start by looking at JAJ's comments on 457 visas at the top of this forum.

457 to ENS applications which is what you're talking about are about to be subject to a number of regulatory changes but the details have not been released to mere mortals yet. I understand though that registered agents have details.

On a 457 visa you can only work for your sponsoring employer although your partner if any gets unlimited work rights.

In short residency is always better. But if you can live with the conditions of a 457 this is normally a quicker way to get to OZ. Unfortunately though sometimes if the job doesn't work out or something of that nature goes wrong you can be stuck with 28 days to find another job with sponsorship (very difficult).

It worked for us. we went from working holiday to 457 to PR. But then we were lucky

Take someones professional advice would be my recommendation!
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 4:04 am
someone's had 'Alex'...

4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice

Originally Posted by jjonboy
It worked for us. we went from working holiday to 457 to PR. But then we were lucky
We're looking at this too. Halfway through on the 457 at the moment - what lies ahead? Will we have to produce qualifications etc as required for the 457 again during the PR application? More medical checks? (only had a chest xray for this one) How long did it take from 457 to PR?

Cheers,
Alex
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 4:19 am
Sydney- North Shore

jjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by 4lex
We're looking at this too. Halfway through on the 457 at the moment - what lies ahead? Will we have to produce qualifications etc as required for the 457 again during the PR application? More medical checks? (only had a chest xray for this one) How long did it take from 457 to PR?

Cheers,
Alex
All depends on the job you do and which visa route if any you qualify for. We went ens and it was difficult. Made worse by my employer making a botched attempt initally. We then mployed an agent (George Lombard) who sorted a way through the complicated mess already made. Total time was around seven months. We both had full medicals and had to prove qualifications (easy) and labour market testing (very hard!)

Cheers

Jonboy
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 4:31 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 4lex

Cheers,
Alex
Alex
We arrived in October 04 on a 3-yr 457, now starting our ENS PR application. Agent estimates 6 months + or - 2. We have to have medicals again, police checks and provide all the same certified copies of everything again - even though all the other stuff is not even 1 year old!
Just another hurdle to jump...............

Andrew