Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sponsorship Pending - Can I travel to Oz

Sponsorship Pending - Can I travel to Oz

Old Mar 21st 2011, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

NikkiKK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sponsorship Pending - Can I travel to Oz

Hi All, My other half is in oz at the moment and is getting sponsored and also my daughter and myself will be included on this, We are planning to go for a holiday in June but I have heard that if our sponsorship is pending then we cannot travel to oz until it is fully processed, Is this true? Even if we are just going on a holiday?

Thanks
Old Mar 21st 2011, 12:42 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsorship Pending - Can I travel to Oz

Originally Posted by NikkiKK
Hi All, My other half is in oz at the moment and is getting sponsored and also my daughter and myself will be included on this, We are planning to go for a holiday in June but I have heard that if our sponsorship is pending then we cannot travel to oz until it is fully processed, Is this true? Even if we are just going on a holiday?

Thanks
You need to tell the case officer that you are getting a visa for a holiday, and the dates that you will be in Australia
Old Mar 21st 2011, 12:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You need to tell the case officer that you are getting a visa for a holiday, and the dates that you will be in Australia
So it shouldn't be a problem once I let them know?
Thanks for the reply
Old Mar 21st 2011, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

Lisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to all

We told our case officer that we were planning a trip and emailed her the dates, said we needed to do research on potential clients, areas to live etc. She noted the dates and was obviously aware of them as within hours of us leaving Australia our migration agent got an email to say our visa had been approved. So I think it was granted whilst we were in Australia (on paper) but could not be activated until we had left the country. I think it may well have been linked to the scan of our passports as we left.

Last edited by Lisa and Martin; Mar 21st 2011 at 1:58 am.
Old Mar 21st 2011, 1:51 am
Forum Regular

Post Re: Sponsorship Pending - Can I travel to Oz

Thanks, So i'm better off to have the flights booked before i sent in the sponsorship stuff,
Old Mar 21st 2011, 1:58 am
Forum Regular

Lisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to all

If you haven't yet applied for sponsorship it really depends what your priorities are and what the timeline is likely to be for approval of your sponsorship. The issue is that you can't have two visas active concurrently. So for example we did our visit on a visitors visa, that was automatically nullified as soon as our business visa was granted. So don't, for example, allow your sponsorship visa to be granted and then apply for a visitors visa.

Have a talk to your case officer, they understand the need for people to spend some time in Australia prior to moving to find housing, schools, set up bank accounts etc. As long as you are honest with them they will treat you fairly. I would imagine if you bought the flight tickets and then asked the question you might find out extra info that could possibly change your plans or your timing then you'd have shot yourself in the foot.
Old Mar 21st 2011, 2:05 am
Forum Regular

Ok Thanks, Will try get in touch with her, So hard with time differences and her lack of ability to respond to emails lol