Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

sponsorship payments

sponsorship payments

Old Jan 29th 2006, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

kozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nice
Default sponsorship payments

We are about to start to complete our 47SK and are being sponsored but not sure when sponsorship payment needs to be sent. Can anyone throw some light on this for us. Presumably we dont sent this at same time as application?
Old Jan 29th 2006, 2:51 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sponsorship payments

Originally Posted by kozzae
We are about to start to complete our 47SK and are being sponsored but not sure when sponsorship payment needs to be sent. Can anyone throw some light on this for us. Presumably we dont sent this at same time as application?
Do you mean the $5000 bond money? Are you a 138 sponsored? If so then the sponsor is usually asked to lodge the bond around the time they have their interviews I believe. AT the moment that could be anything from 4 to 8 months or more fom you lodging your application.

We sent ours off at the end of Sep, ack 28th Sep and we haven't been asked for meds or polices stuff, or the AoS stuff either yet.

Hope this helps

Shirley
Old Jan 29th 2006, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

kozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nice

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Do you mean the $5000 bond money? Are you a 138 sponsored? If so then the sponsor is usually asked to lodge the bond around the time they have their interviews I believe. AT the moment that could be anything from 4 to 8 months or more fom you lodging your application.

We sent ours off at the end of Sep, ack 28th Sep and we haven't been asked for meds or polices stuff, or the AoS stuff either yet.

Hope this helps

Shirley

Thanks for your quick reply,

We're going through the 138 sub class. Unfortunately, we are having to apply for 2 new passports as we only found out they need to have 2 years minimum to run from date of lodging application so as soon as I get the forms tomorrow and get them filled in and sent, we should be able to send off our application form 47sk. Hubby has already sent form to his sister who is our sponsor. I take it we're looking at around £2,500.00 for our sponsor and do we pay this direct to her?
Old Jan 29th 2006, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

happymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud of

Thanks for your quick reply,

We're going through the 138 sub class. Unfortunately, we are having to apply for 2 new passports as we only found out they need to have 2 years minimum to run from date of lodging application so as soon as I get the forms tomorrow and get them filled in and sent, we should be able to send off our application form 47sk. Hubby has already sent form to his sister who is our sponsor. I take it we're looking at around £2,500.00 for our sponsor and do we pay this direct to her?
It can be a bit confusing because as 138 you need a sponsor and an assurer. The assurer does the Assurance of Support or AoS process, and it may or may not be the same person as your sponsor. People usually give their relatives the money to post but that depends on you. It is currently A$3500 for the main applicant and an additional A$1500 for each adult on application, so in most cases for a couple or family, it is A$5000. That is for two years, lodged with Commonwealth Bank of Australia who no doubt play with your money while it is in there and make a heap of profit for themselves, while passing on a nominal bit of interest back to the assurer! And they charged I think it is A$150 fee to set up this account! Centrelink is the government agency who handles the whole AoS.

Hope that helps.
Old Jan 29th 2006, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

Hi again,

sorry to be a nuisance but your info has been really helpful.

We know the assurer can be the same person as your sponsor. Any idea why an assurers is required here where we have enough points. My sister in law actually works for centrelink in perth but shes not the best person for finding out info for us - strange as it may seem. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jan 29th 2006, 4:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

happymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud of

Hi again,

sorry to be a nuisance but your info has been really helpful.

We know the assurer can be the same person as your sponsor. Any idea why an assurers is required here where we have enough points. My sister in law actually works for centrelink in perth but shes not the best person for finding out info for us - strange as it may seem. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Its just the type of visa class it is, we all have to have enough points (110) AND have our assurers lodge the bond, because 138s and 139s have a mandatory AoS element, so its not about what assets you are bringing, or that you'll have private medical insurance or whatever, it is just a mandatory aspect of those (and other) visa classes. If you say you have enough points, are you sure you don't have enough points to go on a skilled independent visa 136 which is not a sponsored visa and therefore doesn't require AoS, so goes a little bit quicker. Also, have you checked the DIMIA website (immi.gov.au) and the centrelink websites?

Glad to help, anymore questions just ask.
Old Jan 29th 2006, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

hi thanx for your time my trade is on the main list but not on the most wanted one ,even though part of my job is one thats on the wanted list!
think i would need 2 contact the TRA and ask them for a re classification?
more money and time? i know that my sister has 2 pay the $5000 bond
and she will be our assurer also but is there any more money 2 pay in this part of the visa for her being the assurer? thanx colin