Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sponsorship for Partner to Migrate (Form 40SP) - Do I have to fill in Q37?

Sponsorship for Partner to Migrate (Form 40SP) - Do I have to fill in Q37?

Old Feb 18th 2004, 8:38 pm
EEL
Forum Regular

EEL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sponsorship for Partner to Migrate (Form 40SP) - Do I have to fill in Q37?

I am filling out my Sponsorship for a partner to migrate to Australia form and question 36 asks 'Are you an eligible New Zealand citizen'. If you tick No it says to go to Part E. Have I read this correctly?

If I do go to Part E then I miss out the questions about have I been convicted of a crime, do I have any outstanding debts to the Aus Gov, been removed from any country etc etc. I will also miss out the bit about which countries I have lived in for the last 12 years.

I know the form seems to be straight forward it is just that the questions I will be skipping seem to be ones I would have expected to answer as an Australian not currently living in Oz.

Lisa
Old Feb 18th 2004, 9:39 pm
Semper Vigilante

ButtonMoon is an unknown quantity at this point

If in doubt follow the form lisa.
If they want the information they will ask you for it.
Old Feb 18th 2004, 9:45 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsorship for Partner to Migrate (Form 40SP) - Do I have to fill in Q37?

Originally posted by EEL
I am filling out my Sponsorship for a partner to migrate to Australia form and question 36 asks 'Are you an eligible New Zealand citizen'. If you tick No it says to go to Part E. Have I read this correctly?

If I do go to Part E then I miss out the questions about have I been convicted of a crime, do I have any outstanding debts to the Aus Gov, been removed from any country etc etc. I will also miss out the bit about which countries I have lived in for the last 12 years.

I know the form seems to be straight forward it is just that the questions I will be skipping seem to be ones I would have expected to answer as an Australian not currently living in Oz.

Lisa
Yep, it's right! I didn't fill all that in either, and got my visa!! Well, husband got his visa

The thing is, if you are not NZ then you are an Australian, in which case they don't need all that info. Even if you have debts etc, it wouldn't matter because you're already an Aussie citizen and they can't do anything about it!
Well, that's how I understood it!
Old Feb 19th 2004, 7:45 am
EEL
Forum Regular

EEL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sponsorship for Partner to Migrate (Form 40SP) - Do I have to fill in Q37?

Originally posted by Simone82
Yep, it's right! I didn't fill all that in either, and got my visa!! Well, husband got his visa

The thing is, if you are not NZ then you are an Australian, in which case they don't need all that info. Even if you have debts etc, it wouldn't matter because you're already an Aussie citizen and they can't do anything about it!
Well, that's how I understood it!

Thanks - I was just starting to stress a bit as I don't know my HECS debt and it would have taken me a while to find out. Hubby is having his medical next week and then we are hoping to submit the application. The thought of having to delay sending everything in was not making me a happy bunny.

But you have set my mind at rest and cheered me up - what a good start to the day!