Reload this Page >

Sponsorship for migration to Australia - First Cousin

Sponsorship for migration to Australia - First Cousin

Old Jul 21st 2004, 2:34 am
Just Joined

Imran_halim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sponsorship for migration to Australia - First Cousin

Folks,

I have a first cousin just migrated to Australia ( 4 months ago ).
He is setteled and employed in Sydney.
I am also in the process of applying to DIMIA ( already got my ACS approved ) as "Skilled Person Designated area categories"
and thinking of having my cousin sponsor me since i am lacking 5 points now , after they raised points from 115 to 120.

Does my cousin need to be settled for at least One year before he can sponsor me ? Does he need to have certain income level ? or Certain amount in his bank account ? What are the requirments besides legal documentation to prove my relationship to him ?

thanks in advance for all the feed back.
Old Jul 21st 2004, 5:33 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsorship for migration to Australia - First Cousin

Originally posted by Imran_halim
Folks,

I am also in the process of applying to DIMIA ( already got my ACS approved ) as "Skilled Person Designated area categories"
and thinking of having my cousin sponsor me since i am lacking 5 points now , after they raised points from 115 to 120.

Does my cousin need to be settled for at least One year before he can sponsor me ? Does he need to have certain income level ? or Certain amount in his bank account ? What are the requirments besides legal documentation to prove my relationship to him ?

Far as i know, they do a thorough medical and a DNA gonad comparison.
Old Jul 21st 2004, 6:53 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Check DIMIA site, all your questions will be answered there about sponsorship

Walla
Old Jul 21st 2004, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

LauranJ is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Imran_halim
Folks,

I was told that they have to be there for 2 years before sponsoring, (My cousin and I were thinking of doing this), they also said that you cannot be sponsored if you live in one of the major cities (although that may just be Perth). But don't quote me on this.

The websites are the best way to find out, I was told this by an agent.

Sorry if this is wrong!

Laura
Old Jul 21st 2004, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

MikeMc is an unknown quantity at this point

We have cousins in Sydney, but we couldnt use them as a sponsor due to some regulations stating Sydney as one area to be discounted. May be worth checking - although they were ok to add for the initial points stage though.
Old Jul 21st 2004, 10:25 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

If you read the Skilled Migration booklet you'll see that first cousins can *only* sponsor for Skilled Designated Area Sponsored.

And living in Sydney disqualifies from doing that, as one needs to live in a designated area for 12 months.

The idea will not work.

Jeremy

Originally posted by MikeMc
We have cousins in Sydney, but we couldnt use them as a sponsor due to some regulations stating Sydney as one area to be discounted. May be worth checking - although they were ok to add for the initial points stage though.
Old Jul 21st 2004, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

JayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the rough

Sydney isn't on the designated area list so he wouldn't be able to as far as i'm aware unless you go sponsored skilled (not designated area)
Old Jul 21st 2004, 11:24 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

First cousins cannot sponsor for non-designated skilled sponsored. There's no 'unless' about it.

Jeremy

Originally posted by JayneS
Sydney isn't on the designated area list so he wouldn't be able to as far as i'm aware unless you go sponsored skilled (not designated area)
Old Jul 21st 2004, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

JayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the rough

Ah yes sorry see what you mean - was just referring to area.