Reload this Page >

sponsorship and job hunting

Wikiposts

sponsorship and job hunting

Old Jan 13th 2004, 5:27 am
Just Joined

thejodfather is an unknown quantity at this point
Default sponsorship and job hunting

Hey all. My girlfriend and I ( or de-facto spouse as I will soon know her!) are planning for a move to OZ in around August04. I am 28 and a mechanical engineer and she is 31 and a teacher. We pass the points test for skilled migration but really want to get moving in the summer and not wait the 12+months for migration paperwork, IF successful.

In the event that we can not get jobs from this side of the world (most likely) we would have to turn up without jobs on visitor visas and search once in position.

My question is... does anyone have a feel for how many employers enter into sponsorship visas with overseas people ie the 4yr Skilled Temporary Residence Visa 457?

As there is a burden on the company to set up a visa and guarantee certain things I wonder how many actually do it?
Are we at risk of being unable to find a 457 "friendly" employer?

I am aware of what seem like agencies which sponsor you and then contract you out to companies without the capability to apply for your visa... anyone know of this?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
Cheers.
Old Jan 13th 2004, 5:37 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sponsorship and job hunting

Originally posted by thejodfather
Hey all. My girlfriend and I ( or de-facto spouse as I will soon know her!) are planning for a move to OZ in around August04. I am 28 and a mechanical engineer and she is 31 and a teacher. We pass the points test for skilled migration but really want to get moving in the summer and not wait the 12+months for migration paperwork, IF successful.

In the event that we can not get jobs from this side of the world (most likely) we would have to turn up without jobs on visitor visas and search once in position.

My question is... does anyone have a feel for how many employers enter into sponsorship visas with overseas people ie the 4yr Skilled Temporary Residence Visa 457?

As there is a burden on the company to set up a visa and guarantee certain things I wonder how many actually do it?
Are we at risk of being unable to find a 457 "friendly" employer?

I am aware of what seem like agencies which sponsor you and then contract you out to companies without the capability to apply for your visa... anyone know of this?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
Cheers.

Well mate cant helpya on the skills or 457 route but here ya go

http://www.jobs.com.au

Good site, register your details and whilst your waiting to move you could get HEAD hunted
Old Jan 13th 2004, 6:13 am
Banned

userjay will become famous soon enough

am not clued up on specifics obout any technical jargon but heres another. www.workplace.gov.au allso i have been asking jeeves & google ect about my relevant work companys in aus & emailing whomever direct & have had some posative response,just a thought. gluck
Old Jan 13th 2004, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

HugoB has a spectacular aura aboutHugoB has a spectacular aura aboutHugoB has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: sponsorship and job hunting

[Hi, I think I saw you posted this on the oz immigration forum too and you might get some ideas from there ....I've just done a search on that forum on '457 visas' and loads of helpful stuff came up... ...but I did get the impression it's not that easy getting a sponsor

Lots of luck, HB