Reload this Page >

Sponsorship help

Sponsorship help

Old Jan 22nd 2004, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

cliffbarrimore is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sponsorship help

Hi All,

I need some advise on how to proceed with my visa application.

I am IT qualified, have a masters degree, but I fall 5 points below the required score, as I don't have an occupation in demand.

My only options, so I have been told are this:

1. I have a first cousin in Adelaide, but he is retired and not earning the required money(Approx AU$30,000) to cover me an my family, but he is willing to do the initial sponsorship, but I don't know anyone else who can do this sponsorship.

is there any agencies that can help in this?

2. The other option is for me to deposit AU$100,000 for 1 year, but i can't be sure I'll have 100,000 when my visa is approved.
what are my options is there anything else, I have been asking a migration agency, and what I have put above is all he can suggest.

I have heard of agencies( and good hearted people) who will do the two year money side of things.

any help would be great!

thanks

Cliff & Jacqui
email:[email protected]
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

surfdude is a jewel in the roughsurfdude is a jewel in the roughsurfdude is a jewel in the roughsurfdude is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Sponsorship help

Originally posted by cliffbarrimore
Hi All,

I need some advise on how to proceed with my visa application.

I am IT qualified, have a masters degree, but I fall 5 points below the required score, as I don't have an occupation in demand.

My only options, so I have been told are this:

1. I have a first cousin in Adelaide, but he is retired and not earning the required money(Approx AU$30,000) to cover me an my family, but he is willing to do the initial sponsorship, but I don't know anyone else who can do this sponsorship.

is there any agencies that can help in this?

2. The other option is for me to deposit AU$100,000 for 1 year, but i can't be sure I'll have 100,000 when my visa is approved.
what are my options is there anything else, I have been asking a migration agency, and what I have put above is all he can suggest.

I have heard of agencies( and good hearted people) who will do the two year money side of things.

any help would be great!

thanks

Cliff & Jacqui
email:[email protected]

We had retired sponsors and got outselves an Assurer - you do not have to be related to this person - they just have to earn enough to support you. If you know anyone in Aus, who has been resident for two years and who can prove their earnings through their tax assessments then you are ok. Any 'sponsored' visa would have required an assurer - but this can be two seperate people.
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

Yep thats the problem I have, I don't currently know anyone who is in the +30,000 per annum, that's why I'm looking for any alternatives...if my cousin wasn't retired I'd be well on my way with the application,

thanks anyway

Cheers
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 2:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Yep thats the problem I have, I don't currently know anyone who is in the +30,000 per annum, that's why I'm looking for any alternatives...if my cousin wasn't retired I'd be well on my way with the application,

thanks anyway

Cheers

This ties in with a question I was going to ask about sponsors.

Re : the " new life down under" a few weeks ago, the family who went to Tasmania were sponsored by friends and then bought the grocery store.

Also the man who went to Perth last week said he got there with a business visa.

I would like to know if anyone has used these 2 visa types.
I have cousins and a greataunt in oz and friends, but didn't know I could ask them to sponsor us -I thought it was only close relatives.
Also is there an age limit for the above type of visas. ? Would It be better to ask these questions on the immigration forum or to an agent?

Helinuk
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

I think the upper age limit is 45

All I need to find is either AU$100,000 or a money sponsor earning around 30,000AU$.

there is certain types of close relatives, they are listed on the DIMA web site.

what I am looking for is an agany to sponsor us.......
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 3:16 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

upper age is 45.
Buisness visa is another option, you have 4 years to start a company.
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 3:27 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

I think the upper age limit is 45

All I need to find is either AU$100,000 or a money sponsor earning around 30,000AU$.

there is certain types of close relatives, they are listed on the DIMA web site.

what I am looking for is an agany to sponsor us.......
whats an AGANGY ?

is it like an aussie AGONY aunt??
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by paulf
upper age is 45.
upper age applies to sponsorship?
no please nooooo:-((( just over....
ok so looks like I will have to either start a business or emigrate to NZ for 2 yrs then use trans Tasman agreement??
THX
Helinuk
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 4:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

andy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant future

Originally posted by paulf
upper age is 45.

i think the business rules have been tightened up. you have to be a director of a multi milllion pound organisation now to get one. big change was 1 march 2003, its even harder for the little fish now.

andy.........business option buggered.......now going stni
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 7:52 am
Just Joined

Ok So I mis spelt AGENCY, whats the big deal.

Astounds me that people are always so quick to pick up on a small mistake, as if they never make one!

I'll post the question again, just for those who wish to mock.

Is there any AGENCIES that help with the money issues some of us seem to be coming up against?
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

floweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to behold
Default Agencies

I have looked into Agency sponsorship also, I think it used to be very easy for an Agency to sponsor you in oz but it's all changed now.

The agency used to sponsor you at first until they found you a suitable job then the employer would give you a 3 month trial period then if they were happy with you and couldn't get any Australians to do the same job the company would start the sponsorship procedures, but apparently immi caught onto this one as the rules apply sponsorship should be one to one, no middle man as in an agency. So now the agencies are not allowed to sponsor. Your only hope is going over there and hopefully finding a job asap with a company that will sponsor you, it can be done, depending on your line of work and if they cannot get locals to do the job.

Hope this helps

Lisa