Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sponsoring spouse & pregnant

Sponsoring spouse & pregnant

Old Jun 12th 2006, 11:46 am
Just Joined

TMC&co is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sponsoring spouse & pregnant

Hi can anyone advise. We are awaiting an answer as to if my husband's visa application is successful. I am sponsoring him ...spouse migration. I am now pregnant, do we need to advise the london office and if so how will it affect our application. Pressure is on as I have to be back in Oz by Aug!! Delay as few issues with hubby overstaying previously. Ps we have not used an agent, unfortunately/ stupidly!!! Please advise anyone, anywhere, anyhow!!!!
Old Jun 12th 2006, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsoring spouse & pregnant

Hiya,

Not sure what to advise, but someone more knowledgeable will be along to help shortly I am sure. I don't think the pregnancy will be a problem - you may just have to show you have enuff money to support him if you are not working due to the baby and he can't find work either - but i am not sure. It may delay the visa tho if you need to have the bub before migrating.

As to the previous overstay - I cant see it being a problem if you are going about things the right way now and have all the proof of the relationship being genuine.. good luck!

S
Old Jun 12th 2006, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bert'n'Stella
Hiya,

Not sure what to advise, but someone more knowledgeable will be along to help shortly I am sure. I don't think the pregnancy will be a problem - you may just have to show you have enuff money to support him if you are not working due to the baby and he can't find work either - but i am not sure. It may delay the visa tho if you need to have the bub before migrating.

As to the previous overstay - I cant see it being a problem if you are going about things the right way now and have all the proof of the relationship being genuine.. good luck!

S
Oh thankyou, that was positive. Plan to have babe over there, hubby a brickie, have sister in perth to stay with, have sold house and already have 2 year old and relationship v genuine. Wondering why immigration are taking so long. We sent all of the extra requested info back over a month ago. We need the good luck, Ta xxx
Old Jun 12th 2006, 12:15 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TMC&co
Oh thankyou, that was positive. Plan to have babe over there, hubby a brickie, have sister in perth to stay with, have sold house and already have 2 year old and relationship v genuine. Wondering why immigration are taking so long.
When is the baby due? You won't be allowed to fly in the preceding few months.

You may need to consider getting yourself to Australia before your deadline even if your husband's spouse visa is not yet granted.

Last edited by JAJ; Jun 12th 2006 at 12:17 pm.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JAJ
When is the baby due? You won't be allowed to fly in the preceding few months.

You may need to consider getting yourself to Australia before your deadline even if your husband's spouse visa is not yet granted.

Babe due December, so if I'm right in thinking, I can fly up until 26 weeks ??? But yes I do have to get to Oz before my deadline in Aug. Can I take my 2 year old with me on on a different visa? Or can they both get bridging visas whilst the decision is being made?
Old Jun 12th 2006, 1:57 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Babe due December, so if I'm right in thinking, I can fly up until 26 weeks ??? But yes I do have to get to Oz before my deadline in Aug. Can I take my 2 year old with me on on a different visa? Or can they both get bridging visas whilst the decision is being made?
If you are sponsoring your husband, is your two year old an Aussie citizen? Because if so he/she will need an Aussie passport rather than a visa.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
If you are sponsoring your husband, is your two year old an Aussie citizen? Because if so he/she will need an Aussie passport rather than a visa.

No, toddler included on husbands visa application as he was born in UK.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 2:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

No, toddler included on husbands visa application as he was born in UK.

If you are Australian, then isn't your toddler Australian by descent??

May be worth checking out. http://www.citizenship.gov.au/citz_b...05/descent.htm
Old Jun 12th 2006, 3:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Britishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC

May be worth checking out. http://www.citizenship.gov.au/citz_b...05/descent.htm
My children were both born in the UK but are Australians by descent, and I was born in Australia to British parents in the 60s and came back when I was three! So your situation is straightforward compared to mine. Get the citizenship for your child/ren and they don't need to be included in the visa application, just mentioned in the section where it asks for family details. Hubby got his visa no problem!
Forgot to mention, I was pregnant when our application went in, just mentioned it in the joint stat dec we did. When bubs no. 2 was born (on the day of visa grant!) we just got his citizenship and his passport.

Last edited by Britishaussie; Jun 12th 2006 at 3:20 pm. Reason: Forgot something!
Old Jun 15th 2006, 2:06 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC

I think the original poster is a PR living in the UK, not an Australian citizen.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=364968
Old Jun 15th 2006, 2:59 am
Extended Member

Big Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if this is the place for your question. Anyhoo...

I was in a similar situation.

In May 2004 I sent in my Spouse (DeFacto) visa application. I received confirmation of it being granted in June 2004 (front-loaded application incl. meds and police check and all the other stuff).

My Aussie partner was pregnant, the only difference in our situation being we included this information in my application - it being a DeFacto application it helped prove our relationship was genuine, I would imagine.

I don't know if your deadline is pregnancy-related, but if it is...We went in mid-August 2004 by which time K. was 30 weeks gone - something like that, it was definitely late. The limit depends on the airline and your general health (we went BA/QANTAS). We needed a note from a doctor to say everything was okay and no expected complications. We also stayed in Singapore for a couple of nights and had to get an Expectant Mother visa for there - though they never asked to see it. Also had problems getting one-way post-28-weeks' pregnant insurance, but foud one eventually. I've got all the info re:exact timings etc. somewhere that I can post here if it would help.

As your partner's application is already in and you've already supplied more info I would expect you'll get a decision soon. If you have to wait, you CAN fly after 28 weeks - it just depends on the airline.

Good luck,

Big.