Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

sponsered migration

sponsered migration

Old May 18th 2006, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

Prime one will become famous soon enough
Default sponsered migration

Does anyone know what the procedure is for sponsered migration? my OH has had an offer and we just want to know if its legit before we commit to flying a family of 5 (nearly 6 ) round the world. The job is in Perth so if there are any plasterers out there we'd love to speek to you!
Old May 18th 2006, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

Toppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: sponsered migration

Originally Posted by Prime one
Does anyone know what the procedure is for sponsered migration? my OH has had an offer and we just want to know if its legit before we commit to flying a family of 5 (nearly 6 ) round the world. The job is in Perth so if there are any plasterers out there we'd love to speek to you!
Have a look at this website.

www.dimia.gov.au
Old May 18th 2006, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.immi.gov.au/work/sponsored_skilled.htm

457 Visa Restrictions
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=357804

457 in WA
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...&highlight=457

Suggest you do a search for: plaster

Old May 18th 2006, 12:19 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Hello PO

You need to tell us what sort of visa is on offer.
Is it a 457 temp visa ?

Depends on your answer but if it's one of the usual sponsored visas this will be the bit you need to look at. You will find a .pdf booklet 5 that goes into detail on the different types.

Tradies can have a bit of a task on their hands getting the required licences and certificates but from memory there was a plasterer from Perth saying none of these were required for that profession in WA. Anyway don't want to build your hopes up too much on that one so let's wait until someone really in the know on that part confirms it.

(there's a pun in there )
Old May 18th 2006, 12:20 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Oops forgot to post the link.
Here it is....

http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/emp...ex.htm#summary
Old May 18th 2006, 1:10 pm
Banned

2foot has a brilliant future2foot has a brilliant future2foot has a brilliant future2foot has a brilliant future2foot has a brilliant future2foot has a brilliant future

I was chatting to a plasterer today, straight out of media college - no qualifications at all!

It was for a large firm so i think you don`t need any licences for this (although I know its no easier than other trades)

Strange about WA - you even need a cert to be a window tinter!
Old May 18th 2006, 3:32 pm
Just Joined

Prime one will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 2foot
I was chatting to a plasterer today, straight out of media college - no qualifications at all!

It was for a large firm so i think you don`t need any licences for this (although I know its no easier than other trades)

Strange about WA - you even need a cert to be a window tinter!
Lots of plasterers in uk have only 'on the job' training trying to find a 'decent' course is nearly impossible (you can't learn to plaster from a DVD or on an 8 day course it took my oh 4plus years) thats why the tra is such a bugger! visa on offer is min 4 years with pr after 2 years if under 45 (does that sound right?) Tried to google company name but no responces.
I've probably annoyed loads of other plasterers now but oh has had 16 years experience so i'll take his word for it.
Old May 18th 2006, 5:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

That will be a 457 visa.

visa on offer is min 4 years with pr after 2 years if under 45 (does that sound right?) Tried to google company name but no responces.
I've probably annoyed loads of other plasterers now but oh has had 16 years experience so i'll take his word for it.