Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

spiders and snakes

Wikiposts

spiders and snakes

Old Jul 7th 2004, 4:42 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: spiders and snakes

lovely munn.. shouldn't have ate the possum though.
Attached Thumbnails spiders and snakes-clontarf-snakes.jpg  
Old Jul 7th 2004, 4:45 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
I'm not coming up your way !!
you've got snakes in the redlands too.. so there's no need for you to get jealous . All those trees down there.
Old Jul 7th 2004, 4:59 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by Ceri
you've got snakes in the redlands too.. so there's no need for you to get jealous . All those trees down there.
No trees near me That's a thought, any water snakes round here ?

Old Jul 7th 2004, 5:08 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally posted by Bella

Have seen snakes occasionally on the side of the road, dead (red-bellied blacks),
Now I'm jealous _ I 'd really like to see one of those ( preferably alive) , we have them around Brisbane too. You know they are not aggressive don't you... apparently it one of the snakes who is pretty placid , takes a lot for it to bite you. I've basically heard you can actually pick one up with no trouble at all ( don't do this - they are venomous) ...I'd love to see one in the wild .. I'm hoping I've got some in my bush ( we have a creek when it rains.. these redbellies love creek habitat )

P.s ABC

Yes.. some snakes love being near water, like Bella's red belly black snake , you'll even find some snakes in storm drains.. have you any storm drains? If so.. you may get lucky And pythons swim hunting rats in storm drains and such- saw one in Singapore doing this

Last edited by Ceri; Jul 7th 2004 at 5:14 pm.
Old Jul 7th 2004, 6:19 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

I'm not to keen on the spiders especially the big huntsmen. Never seen a snake yet but I'm sure I'd run a mile. And something tells me I'd be just as scared of Ceri to.
Old Jul 7th 2004, 6:50 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by Bordy
And something tells me I'd be just as scared of Ceri to.
Yeah, you get the feeling that she may just pull one or two out of her pocket don't you