Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Spiders and politics

Spiders and politics

Old Mar 17th 2004, 9:46 pm
Just Joined

Thommo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spiders and politics

Hello, how big are the spiders, I mean are they all as big as your hand? I act like they can kill you in this country, if they really can will I become a social recluse, sould I get counselling before I apply?

and tell me are the politics better in oz e.g. are people punished for murder [as opposed to here where they get community service]
Old Mar 17th 2004, 9:50 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default Re: Spiders and politics

Originally posted by Thommo
Hello, how big are the spiders, I mean are they all as big as your hand? I act like they can kill you in this country, if they really can will I become a social recluse, sould I get counselling before I apply?

and tell me are the politics better in oz e.g. are people punished for murder [as opposed to here where they get community service]
Murderers are slung into deep spider infested dungeons, with deadly intent.
Old Mar 17th 2004, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandy.l is on a distinguished road

You really are looking for a reason not to go aren't you!!!

I'm terrified of spiders and have been since I was a kid. My one fear about Australia was the spiders. Since being there on hols, there seems very little to worry about. Most of the spiders are beautiful (big, yes, but still beautiful!), I lived in the same room as a huntsman for a few days, I was up close to a redback, amazed at how tiny it was (I expected them to be much much bigger), I wandered round in bare feet with no thought of spiders, The ones up high on the street lights were superb. My view of spiders has completely changed since going to Oz.

However, don't talk to me about cockroaches.........

sandy

Last edited by Sandy.l; Mar 17th 2004 at 10:01 pm.
Old Mar 17th 2004, 10:03 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

They do not lock up the Spiders for murder.

The UK and Australian criminal justice systems are similiar.