Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

spiders, lets have it

spiders, lets have it

Old Jul 17th 2005, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

flapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant future
Default spiders, lets have it

Wolf spiders, huntsman's, red backs, how many are there for Christs sake, which ones are the worst, biggest, scariest, deadliest. Andy
Old Jul 17th 2005, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Re: spiders, lets have it

...............and the 'whitetip'
Old Jul 17th 2005, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

flapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
...............and the 'whitetip'
what the bloody hell is that. Andy
Old Jul 17th 2005, 1:24 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by flapsterhp
Wolf spiders, huntsman's, red backs, how many are there for Christs sake, which ones are the worst, biggest, scariest, deadliest. Andy
Funnel web has to be the deadliest?

And the Huntsman the ugliest - but they keep the cockie population down, and they are bad.

Redbacks and White tips/tails are really only very dangerous to young children and older people - but an adult still needs to go to see a doctor.
Old Jul 17th 2005, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Funnel web has to be the deadliest?

And the Huntsman the ugliest - but they keep the cockie population down, and they are bad.

Redbacks and White tips/tails are really only very dangerous to young children and older people - but an adult still needs to go to see a doctor.
So your in Melbourne, thats where I'm heading. You see I was kind of hoping that a lot of these beasts wouldn't be down that far south. Guess I was wrong. Bugger. Andy
Old Jul 17th 2005, 1:36 pm
Account Closed

So your in Melbourne, thats where I'm heading. You see I was kind of hoping that a lot of these beasts wouldn't be down that far south. Guess I was wrong. Bugger. Andy
Yep, sorry...

Haven't seen a redback or whitetail yet - but I'm told they are around..

Had a Huntman in the house for a while - no Cokroaches
Huntsman went and cockroach was seen - now they really do get to me !!

When will you be coming over, do you know yet?

Get snakes as well - had a Tiger snake at work not so long ago. :scared:

Cas
Old Jul 17th 2005, 1:38 pm
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently the whiteback bite causes the area that bitten to rot or something so I suppose you have to have the surrounding area cut out to stop it spreading! Nice huh! Just thought you'd like to know.
Old Jul 17th 2005, 1:40 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by meelie
Apparently the whiteback bite causes the area that bitten to rot or something so I suppose you have to have the surrounding area cut out to stop it spreading! Nice huh! Just thought you'd like to know.
Read a medical report a few days ago which refutes that now - TFFT!!
Old Jul 17th 2005, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

Yep, sorry...

Haven't seen a redback or whitetail yet - but I'm told they are around..

Had a Huntman in the house for a while - no Cokroaches
Huntsman went and cockroach was seen - now they really do get to me !!

When will you be coming over, do you know yet?

Get snakes as well - had a Tiger snake at work not so long ago. :scared:

Cas
well we were coming over later this year but my father passed away recently so there is a lot of stuff to sort out first. So we are doing a 3 week trip in Aug hopefully then make the big move Aug/Sept 06. How big are these cockroaches then. and having bits of your body cut away after a bite Hmmm!! Andy
Old Jul 17th 2005, 1:45 pm
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute

Read a medical report a few days ago which refutes that now - TFFT!!
Phew! Thanks, Was only told about the whiteback yesterday by a car salesman who took great pleasure in telling me knowing that I hate spiders!
Old Jul 17th 2005, 1:47 pm
Nicest member ( I think)

well we were coming over later this year but my father passed away recently so there is a lot of stuff to sort out first. So we are doing a 3 week trip in Aug hopefully then make the big move Aug/Sept 06. How big are these cockroaches then. and having bits of your body cut away after a bite Hmmm!! Andy
I've only seen little roaches about 1/2 inch but my hubby took great pains to kill a big bugger off that he says was over an inch long. Should see em in southa america then, blinkin huge and they fly!!!!
Old Jul 17th 2005, 1:47 pm
Account Closed

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Like I said - read report that refutes that you have to have bits of flesh cut away.....

Cockroaches are not as big as they are north, but bad enough - and they can't half run !!
Old Jul 17th 2005, 1:49 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by meelie
Phew! Thanks, Was only told about the whiteback yesterday by a car salesman who took great pleasure in telling me knowing that I hate spiders!
Can't trust carsales men !!
Old Jul 17th 2005, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Like I said - read report that refutes that you have to have bits of flesh cut away.....

Cockroaches are not as big as they are north, but bad enough - and they can't half run !!
Bet they can't run as bloody fast as I can!!
Old Jul 17th 2005, 1:53 pm
Badge

In all honesty, and I am not very generous in this subject, spiders are kind of annoying as you always have to deal with them when you'd much rather do something else - like get to work. They then manage to run away somewhere and hide or make a mess on impact. The chances of being bitten are slim so the scary factor is small.

You can have a laugh with mates and family talking about it watching their eyes go wide. Lots of Aussies hate them too - but by and by they are philosophical about it - they are able to get by without becoming wrecks - and they wouldn't base a decision on where to live by spiders.

Badge

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.